Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 06-06-2018 03:14 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
BenThere
First Poster
Options

Samsung clearly doesn't care. They just want users on their platform and people buying their devices. If you are upset about the blatant cheating and indifference Samsung shows toward it, stop using their service and buying their products. Vote with you dollars instead of posting on their site and boosting their user base.

raklik
Journeyman
Options

Makes sense what you are saying, just that, at the time I bought th gear s3 and the note 8 I wasn't aware of such stupidities.  Should I throw them away now? Remains to make noise hoping that in the end Samsung will fix it.

0 Likes
David4000
Journeyman
Options
A good idea but i wouldn't do because of the cheats I see when on the Samsung health and it ***** me off but i wont throw away my Samsung I well never go to Apple ***** i like Samsung. One day these cheats well get there day in the sun! Do what i do put these cheats as friends ask for challenge and you them all the names in the book.. there a lot of honest people in there when you make friends I did and challenge them to walk and it all honest!
0 Likes
georgemonier
First Poster
Options

almost year later no action from Samsung ?!

MVB1
Student
Options

After day one of the June challenge I checked the progress of the top performer. After a quick calculation I personally would have had to walk 94 miles in one day to equal what the leader accomplished. Amazing!

PsychedAlex
First Poster
Options

To start, I am upset with the excessive cheating too but I have to play devil's advocate here...it's what I do. 

I don't think they can do anything about the cheating. If they go by realistic steps/minute or steps/day you first have to set a limit that is more than anyone's best day because there are people who might run a marathon or more in one day (at least one man completed 2 marathons in 1 day) and they would, rightfully, be very upset if the day was considered cheating and removed from the challenge or they got banned. (Rough estimates of 55000 steps in a marathon would put this man's day at over 110000 steps) So...let's put 110000 at the max, and then your personal goals reflect your true number but the challenge only accepts 110000. Now I doubt that this would stop the cheaters as they would just set their device to stop at 110000 and there would be a bunch of cheaters still at the top, now all tied, and the rest of us would still be upset. 

There are also people who unintentionally cheat. Example, I used to work in retail as a store manager who spent most of my time stocking shelves or unloading trucks. Nearly every day I would hit 15000+ in a shift of 8-10 hours, sometimes over 20000. One of the assistant managers worked the same duties as myself and our steps were usually very close until he bought a Fitbit. When using the Fitbit on his wrist he would consistently have step counts of over 50000 in an 8 hour shift and I remember one day he had over 80000 in 6 hours. I believe this was because when his feet were planted he was still moving his wrist fast while sticking piece by peice and, even though he wasnt making physical steps, it registered his hand and wrist movement as steps.

I've thought of them not tracking steps but distance using GPS but what about those who run on a treadmill, especially those in cold winter climates.

I was upset with Samsung before but now I just focus on overcoming personal bests and challenging friends...back to the basics. No matter what they do, there will still be cheaters.  

raklik
Journeyman
Options

Sure, is good to think from their perspective but, this is not applicable at all. It is impossible to make 1000000 (yes million) steps in 7 days. No matter if you are a mailman or working outside 8 hours a day, physically your legs will not hold 170000 minimum steps, day after day! I already said above, when would you do other things, are so many daily stuff to do, shower, toilet, sex, movie and so on, ol this are time consuming and don't require too many steps. 

Feel free to find pictures over the internet and see how they are cheating.. 

LE: Also, who is working 7 days a week, week after week, because if you check you will see they don't have day off.

I have an office job, so I'm trying to stay active as much as I can despite of this condition. So basically after work 4pm I get home and I go to run, 10km, under 6min/km average (to understand the difficulty) and after I go for a walk with my dogs, another 3-5km. During the day, at office we are having some table tennis matches, pretty intensive sometimes. All in all, in such day I don't pass 23000 steps and I don't have such load every day. So, how will look a day of those guys with 170000 steps, can you imagine?

Forgot to mention, except when I get a shower, I'm wearing my s3 gear constantly, even at night, so basically I'm counting all the steps made! I made sure to put it to charge only when I know I will sit for 30 minutes or so.

0 Likes
PauliBear
Student
Options

Why can't Samsung simply have a program which is which recognizes the cheaters, obvs it's linked to the phone they use, then ban them that way by blocking the phone from entering the comoetcompe. 

0 Likes
Talí
Helping Hand
Options
Random poster: IM NOT GONNA CARE ABOUT MY HEALTH ANYMORE IF THERE ARE CHEATERS IN THE APP!!!

Me: rofl

---------
:white-medium-star:Never gonna give you up!:white-medium-star:
Mvg,
T.K.
0 Likes
David4000
Journeyman
Options

@Talí wrote:
Random poster: IM NOT GONNA CARE ABOUT MY HEALTH ANYMORE IF THERE ARE CHEATERS IN THE APP!!!

Me: rofl well I hate them too but i made friends around the world  who i challenge in Samsung and are all honest it fun it get out their walking and winning .***** those cheats but make friends is my advice .... David New Zealand

0 Likes