Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 12:02 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
Wezbow
First Poster
Options

I wish I could have covered this amount of steps legitimately - wait sorry obviously cheating

Rather frustrating but I'm happy competing and where I rank being honest and my real effort

Screenshot_20210704-194302.jpg

0 Likes
Sabrina37
First Poster
Options
Woo
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

put it into context. If you do one step a second you could do this amount in a full year if you did one step a second every minute of every hour of every day without taking any breaks for 364 days..

0 Likes
Wezbow
First Poster
Options

I'm impressed with the 99k steps in one day

Screenshot_20210720-185952.jpg

0 Likes
okcmomto3
First Poster
Options

I totally agree. The Moonlight November 2021 challenge just started today and someone is already at 196,387 steps out of the 200,000 to go. Its only 12:20 pm. Why do they even participate if they are going to beat it in less than one day. 

0 Likes
LizaGhorui
First Poster
Options

True. At first I thought ok maybe ppl r actually walking or maybe they r putting it in there dog or something but I googled it tonight after see the top 3 ppl  on the leadboard already at 45k steps completed when it's been only 12:30am how in the universe is that even possible. Now I kno how ....

0 Likes
JizzlyAddams
Student
Options

So you mean it's unreasonable to think someone has walked 7.3 mph for the last 12.5 hours without stopping? It's not even halfway believeable, I don't know what they get out of blatantly cheating 

0 Likes
Members_YH3tPFu
First Poster
Options

We have next year but issue with cheaters has been not resolved. @Samsung , please do something! 

AnjinhA
First Poster
Options

Five years later and Samsung is still allowing cheaters to participate. Argh. 

0 Likes
Kyaw ze Htun
First Poster
Options

I started joined global challenges on the 5th of January 2023 and I looked the first winner walked over 1.3 millions steps which is made me think it's impossible, healthy stronger person can walk like 60km a day but the next day impossible to beat his own score. 

I can feel that there is not right and I am not impressed.

How ever my daily steps are true and working hard every single step to beat my own score is more fun.

0 Likes