Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 03-08-2020 12:04 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
BikiniBottom
First Poster
Options

Ok I had to Google to find out if this is shady or not, I am writing this today August 1 2020 the challenge just started today and someone is already halfway done? So I say to my self unless this guy is a hamster running inside a wheel or he runs marathon two times a day. I do not see how someone will have walked 160000 steps in 15 hours, I am a soldier and we run 7 miles in the morning for PT and in the evening I walk another 5 miles; for the day my steps are always in 26000 steps. I just woke up this morning just to see that someone is halfway through the challenge on a serious note it is demoralizing because I feel that it is not fair. The last challenge "Beach July" in 10 days someone has over 2 million steps common now that is ludicrous. Samsung I hope you fix this mess because there people who just motivated by the fact that they want to sincerely win but it is not a fair match if you are challenging a cheater

Screenshot_20200801-101959_Samsung Health.jpg

alanmcclymont
First Poster
Options

Its a joke.  I regularly walk 15 to 20k steps a day.  I'm very active, of i wanted to push it i could easily double it but really 100k to 150k per day every day.  Sorry, but thats taking the *****.

Tatibetati
Student
Options

1sr September 2020, 5PM and someone has alrrady 170.000 steps. So demoralized, I think I won't participate anymore, can't see the point.

0 Likes
NyNy777
First Poster
Options

Exactly! It is very annoying. I cannot grasp the mindset of people who like to cheat and get tagged for recognition that they haven't earned. It is really sad for them and says a lot about what someone has going on in their life that such behavior is their focus. SMH... I don't really worry about the recognition globally. I look at my ranking within my friends and family circle to gauge how hard I'm pushing myself, but still... no one wants to look up and see that KNOWN & OBVIOUS CHEATERS are being allowed to remain on the board.  Today is 09/01/20 & the challenge just began and the leader has 170,210 steps. SMH... How do I know this? Well, they've just updated the app so that the leader is actually on your personal map now, like a friend, without adding them. This feature, due to the aforementioned gripe is completely annoying.  Samsung Devs - Change this immediately please or at least make it optional under settings for the global challenge, but don't force that on us, when you know that the integrity of the ranking is lacking. Thanks

0 Likes
Bailey75
Student
Options

Hello everyone,

I've been using the app consistently for the last 6 months or so and the September challenge that began today is the first one I've been invited to participate in so I was looking forward to it and curious to know how my routine compares with others around the world, Every day with very few exceptions I would walk 2.5 hours or so with the dog accounting for 14000-18000 steps daily.  Before I even began my walk at lunchtime today I checked the leaderboard, All of the top 10 were on 150,000 steps plus. It is absolutely not possible to do that so my first thought these people are cheating, There's no other explanation for it.

Like so many others I'm a little disappointed that Samsung don't seem to care about this. Why bother doing it if there is no way of honestly being assessed against other users.

0 Likes
Bailey75
Student
Options

I just checked the board again now, 2 have finished with the winner on just under 226,000 steps. It's not even 7pm yet in Ireland where I live. 

0 Likes
Sue33
First Poster
Options

That sucks

0 Likes
Midnightauro
First Poster
Options

This absolutely sucks. It's noon on the first and there are already people with 150k steps. That's... Physically impossible. "Work harder" is an insult!! It's generally accepted that 50k a day is the max for professional athletes. Olympic. Athletes.

If Samsung thinks we can walk 3x the max for athletes they're absolutely insane.

It's so frustrating. Everything about this ecosystem is frustrating.

Stoneleigh
First Poster
Options
Question is what do they get for winning the challenge? What encourages them to cheat? Is there a reward for winning
0 Likes
Dexter7
First Poster
Options

So, this is still ongoing. July 2021. I googled it to find it out how a person can walk 785k in past 7 days!

Its a pity that Samsung has been failed to understand the value of ethics, morality.