Did you mean: 

Original topic:

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 01/08/19 16:44)
davert123
First Poster
Options
Wearables

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

287 REPLIES 287
EvilMonkey
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

What are you talking about Pyrux? The challenge started yesterday. The top 10 made 210.000-240.000 steps in 24h. Thats around 10.000 steps per hour, which equals 7-8km/h.

EvilMonkey
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Plus: Most of them started with 200.000 within 1 hour :winking-face:
Pyrux
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Sorry, I was pretending to calculate the days passed by subtracting the days remaining by the standard number of days in a month, 30 days, but in fact February has 28 day, not 30.

So the calculation is 28-26=2, 2 days passed since the start of the Spa challenge.

My fault.

0 Likes
Cym
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Basic math. And Google how many steps in a mile average.
ss7
First Poster
Options
Wearables
It gets even better than that. There are 86400sec in a 24h period. Now if you check the top guy for today, goes by the name of David, who appears to have done 170944 steps as a top step count. And is already on 75000 steps for the day. Since the challenge started he has over half a million steps. We need to get this guy on TED-X, as he has found a way to incorporate eating and sleeping and removing waste whilst maintaining a healthy 1 step per second for every second of every day for the last 5 days. Inspiring don't you think. Personally I think we should show our support to these top athletes, who are paving the way for future generations of sportspeople, who's new doctrine will be "it doesn't matter how you win as long as you win". And for the rest of you, suck it up, you're grit, attitude, and sense of fair play holds no ground in this new world.

Here's what I suggest, we boycott the challenge and create a friends list with all us moaning minis (non cheaters) until samsung deals with the issue.
SavvyPrivateer
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I think mailing the developers of the application might help.They are implementing many changes to US version, they might sure to include some limits on per day basis.

Try giving suggestions here

https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/ticket/createQuestionTicket.do

0 Likes
Graybeard51
Explorer
Options
Wearables
Unfortunately, this is a world wide contest and Samsung has no interest in making it fair... Underarmour and other companies are aware of how to write code to detect cheating, but Samsung gives it lip service. No one is capable of walking 200000 steps the first day of every month.
LaurieC64
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Nike run club has cheaters also. I'll have to check out under armour 

0 Likes
Graybeard51
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Underarmour runs good challenges , but not as frequently   

Ozzie513
Options
Wearables

I see the current leader claims the equivalent of 500 miles in a day. Might at least have the decencey to not be such an unbelievable liar

bukshee
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

There is no need for decency when there is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing it. It is unfortunate but that is how it will be until Samsung decide to do something about it. Notice the 'winner' of the last challenge has 3 identical accounts with different profile pictures (at least from what I have noticed so far). They will take turns at gaining 1st place. Bit of a joke really.

Gourdman
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Have you noticed that some of the "leaders" are on the chubby side, which is completely amazing for someone who wouldn't even have the time to eat? 

EinStein_Norway
First Poster
Options
Wearables
I AGREE so much with you!! I HATE cheaters and I strongly advice Samsung to BLOCK the cheaters account so that serious contestants can get motivated and inspired to get up from their couch and loose their extra pounds living a healthier life to bring more joy to their family and kids! So PLEASE ban all cheaters with immediate effect!!
Tony185
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I take my hat off to Mr Boki. At least 60 miles a day for the last few months. Well done. He must be really tired by now. Sad man.

LaurieC64
Explorer
Options
Wearables

3 million steps....wow!

0 Likes
Cym
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Yes he must have thighs thighs of Steel! I'd love to hear from him. Or any if the other mile a minute people.
Coreycmartin
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I remember seeing somebody with 3.9M steps on the 21st of the month. That boils down to 2.4 steps/second, 24 hours a day for 21 days. Did they just put their phone in a paint shaker and leave it all month?

Robbyn
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Good question!
0 Likes
Uniqhorn
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Nah, I'm sure David, this months number 1 in one day has no trouble running approximately 130 miles....
ScarlettKitsune
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Wow, it's not even 12 in the afternoon and they already have 315,000 steps. #lifegoal   I have cheated on games like Monopoly before so I understand how it can sometimes be fun? But it's  only fun if you don't get caught. Plus, these are personal challenges. I never cheat myself. What's the point?Screenshot_20180402-105752_Samsung Health.jpg

Tony185
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

*****. Walked round the world today. 40,000,000,000 steps. Left the phone charginh at home. Bit disappointed.