Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep having to lob my right Galaxy Bud Pro against a wall for it to work?

(Topic created on: 24-04-2022 08:05 PM)
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

Every time I take my Galaxy Buds Pro out of the charging case, only the left bud has any sound, the right one is connected as touch controls work but there is no sound. Cleaning it, resetting it, unpairing and repairing it, restarting the phone, nothing works. It's fully charged. The software is up to date, both on the buds and the phone, and I've tried clearing the cache and data from the apps. The only thing that does work is lobbing it hard on the floor or against a wall, when immediately it will start working again, though often after a few minutes it will go off again. 

The reason I did this in the first place is because I saw a post somewhere that said dropping them in the case from about 6ft usually fixed the issue - a load of commenters agreed it also fixed the issue for them. It didn't for me however. In the end I may have lost my cool a bit and threw it across the kitchen into the door quite hard. Picked it up, put it back in my ear, hey presto it was working again. Whilst trying to listen to them again in bed last night only the left was working, came downstairs and into the kitchen (where I wouldn't wake anyone else up) and threw it hard on the floor, picked it up, working. Though about 10 minutes later it went quiet and then off again. 

Why is this necessary?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
A bad contact inside, I would have thought continued deliberately throwing the buds or dropping them to get them working would only exacerbate the issue, which is why it only worked for 10 minutes
0 Likes
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

Last time I got it working I left just that one in and listened to my music. It turns out it's not just going off, the volume just starts decreasing in that bud until there is nothing. 

They're packaged up and ready to return now. 

0 Likes
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

Got to give credit where it's due. Arranged collection of my buds for repair on Sunday, they were collected Monday morning, arrived with Samsung Tuesday, were fixed Tuesday afternoon (broken wireless connection), sent back to me Wednesday and got them back today. Very impressed.

Will be more impressed if they continue working, but so far so good 🙂

0 Likes