Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why can't I set Samsung Health to only count steps from my watch?

(Topic created on: 31-05-2021 07:18 PM)
WatchActiveUser
Apprentice
Options

The only settings allowed are watch + phone or phone only.  Why isn't there a watch only option?  Sometimes another person uses my phone and it messes up the step count.

(1)
5 REPLIES 5
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
You could try this? So your watch will just count your steps and then at the end of the night sync back to phone and watch when you know no one else will be using your phoneScreenshot_20210529-170541_Samsung Internet_1180.jpg
0 Likes
WatchActiveUser
Apprentice
Options

That may work, I can try it and see. Thanks for offering this up.  When you say sync back to the phone at the end of the night, you mean to first set it back to counting all steps, let it sync, and then go back to mobile only with steps paused, right?  If I don't do this every day do you know if the watch will still retain the steps and sync all the missing days?

0 Likes
Solution
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Seen this on reddit, tried and tested myself and it works, only counting my watch stepsScreenshot_20210530-001949_Samsung Internet.jpg
WatchActiveUser
Apprentice
Options

I tested this and it worked for me too.  Thanks a lot, would have never figured this out myself.

Happykid
First Poster
Options

Big Samsung fan, but disappointed as this has been such a frustrating endeavor.  Seriously, why can't they just add an option of just show Watch data only for Samsung Health, as everything gets double-counted, etc.  

0 Likes