Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

White marks on Watch 4 face

(Topic created on: 30-05-2022 11:52 AM)
Grassmoor
Journeyman
Options

Had my Watch 4 for a week and this morning have a thin white line approx  .75 inch just at the lip around the edge of the black screen.  Can anyone offer any idea what this is? 

7 REPLIES 7
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Can you attach a picture of it? Use the + button in the text entry box if using the members app
0 Likes
Grassmoor
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, not using app. Sorry pic is large. Line is at top right of watch. Watch 4 white line.jpg

0 Likes
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Hi it looks like the paint inside of the watch has been chipped
0 Likes
Grassmoor
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your reply, but I'm at a loss to see how that could happen? However, I have now found a post on reddit where someone had a similar problem. They said they sent it back to Samsung who fixed it and advised them it was a fault on how it was fitted, causing the glue to leak. If this is the same thing then it may have to be returned.

Grassmoor
Journeyman
Options

After discussing issue with Samsung I decided to send it to them for repair, but it was returned following week with standard letter saying hardware and software all working to specification. Completely ignored that I had asked them to look at white line. After 30 mins on phone to customer services/repair centre I sent another image on 14th June, and to date I am advised they are awaiting update from repair team. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Stevendom1987
First Poster
Options

I have this too and there are multiple reports of it on Reddit. It is the lithium battery going bad in the watch and it's dangerous to wear. Document everything so if it injures you you have some sort of recourse. I haven't sent mine in because they will only waste my time like you. 

This is a defect they need to address and they're not. It's a shame and I hope it costs them dearly. 

0 Likes
Solution
Grassmoor
Journeyman
Options

After another lengthy phone call I returned my watch to their repair people. They returned it stating it had been repaired/replaced and I haven't had further instance of this problem occurring.

0 Likes