Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Which Samsung powerbank supports QI charging of the Galaxy Watch 4?

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 10:47 AM)
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I found out the hard way that the QI charger that came with the original Galaxy Watch ("1") does NOT charge my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm. Which Samsung powerbank can charge the Galaxy Watch 4 directly (i.e. without having to plug in the original Watch 4 charging puck)?

Galaxy Watch4 Classic 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I use a Samsung Duo charging dock. Charge both my S20 and GW4 Classic at the same time if needed. Charges it up to 100% in a couple of hours, or a bit longer if I'm doing my phone too.
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I, too, use a Duo, and it works on both devices. I was looking for a more mobile solution for when I am travelling...

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I don't know about any Samsung powerbanks, but I do know of Anker, which make great quality ones, similar to that of Samsung 😄. Maybe try them and see if they have a powerbank available on Amazon that supports QI charging? Hope this helps 😄!
0 Likes
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have the Samsung wireless battery pack 10,000mah. It charges the watch 4 and watch 4 classic just fine. Although it isn't Magnet like the new duo charges from Samsung. Meaning if your charging in a car it may slip off. You can also plug your watch charger in, and charge that way. 20210913_090357_1461.jpg
Marty313
Navigator
Options

Congratulations! This solves my problem. Thanks a lot for the photo. Do you have the Watch 4 AND the Watch 4 Classic?! I only have one :)) But I got myself a Galaxy Watch ("1") as a spare while the other is charging...

Marty313
Navigator
Options

The issue is if the QI in the battery pack supports the Galaxy Watches 4. I found that the Galaxy Watch 1 charger seem to start charging the Watch 4 as it should, but then it starts blinking after 10 seconds, and nothing happens. What a charming pair of watches!

Solution
Marty313
Navigator
Options

Based on Fiona's advice, I bought a Samsung Wireless Battery Pack EB-U1200. It charges both my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm and my Galaxy Watch ("1") without problems. The original chargers that followed each watch are NOT cross compatible. The Galaxy Watch 4 charger is NOT backwards compatible!

20210920_200042.jpg