Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the gear vr note 8 edition avaliable in the uk?

(Topic created on: 28-09-2017 03:43 PM)
Ben83
First Poster
Options

22 REPLIES 22
SeanMatthews
Journeyman
Options
So it seems that you are still unwilling to let us know when the UK model would be available, or even to confirm IF it will ever be released.

Any advice on where to get the refund on the advertised feature of my device that I am unable to use?

0 Likes
Gadgetonomy
Explorer
Options

Liam,

Your reply isn't very helpful unfortunately. You state in your response:

"This model of Gear VR is not currently available for purchase within the UK" 

...  Yes, we already know this! hence the query:  

When is the gear vr note 8 edition avaliable in the uk?

So, how can we find out when it will likely be available? and can we buy the Note 8 version from the USA. Warranty is not that much of an issue to me personally, it's more about if they will ship to the UK.

SeanMatthews
Journeyman
Options

If warranty isn't an issue, id buy via amazon. They are offering a specific note 8 version from 6th october and are pretty good with returns etc.

I'm fed up of waiting on Samsung to give any information now that they have our £870

0 Likes
Gadgetonomy
Explorer
Options

Here's the thing. The Note 8 versions IS available from Samsung UK. I have just ordered one!  It's product code has changed slightly: 

Samsung Gear VR4 with Controller (2017, SM-R325NZVABTU)

See - Direct link to product   http://www.samsung.com/uk/wearables/gear-vr-r325/

It clearly states it is compatible with the Note 8, it is missing the volume control on the headset which confirms it's the latest version and the product code is R325 which is the Note 8 version.

SeanMatthews
Journeyman
Options

Curiouser and curiouser! Maybe somebody should inform their telephone staff. Definitely says Note 8 compatible.

Perhaps Liam could enlighten us???

Bencane83
First Poster
Options

Good man ! I'e ordered if it' not tge right one I'll send it back it does say note 8 so I'm going with that!

0 Likes
SeanMatthews
Journeyman
Options

Mine should arrive tomorrow, so I'll update then.

0 Likes
Bencane83
First Poster
Options

Mine aswell says next day if ordered before 7pm . Fingers crossed. Don' understand what all the mess is about ? They have them why not let tge uk have them? Whats the problem samsung

0 Likes
Dicky1963
First Poster
Options

Take it back to where you purchased it from, if you brought it online same applies and state it is not fit for purchase as when it was advertised online by Samsung it was advertised that it would work with the Gear VR helmet, but there was no mention that you needed to buy one specially made for the note 8. I did speak to Samsung about this and they did offer to collect my Note 8 and give me a full refund. I decided tom keep my note 8.

0 Likes
YugT
First Poster
Options

Is it the correct one for the Note 8? Also how is it?

Thanks!

0 Likes