Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When finished recording a workout, Strava sync can sometimes take hours

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 11:19 AM)
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

I have my Samsung health app (on the phone) set to sync with Strava. So whenever i record a workout (Cycling, running, walking etc), when the workout is completed, Samsung Health is meant to sync the data with strava.

I have a regular problem where the sync can sometimes take 12 hours approx.

This is an inconvenience because i like to finish my workout then look at the activity straight after in Strava.

I have tried these steps in order to 'force' a Strava sync but it doesn't work:
- Clearing the app's cache
- Force stopping the app and re opening
- Uninstalling the Samsung health updates and reinstalling them / re set the app back up.

I have also recently done a factory reset of the phone in order to fix another issue i was having...the issue survived that.

I am using a gear sport SM-R600NZKABTU

The phone I am using it with is a galaxy S8 plus SM-G955F.

The watch software version is:

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R600XXU1ARC4

Phone software version:

Android 8.0.0

Baseband: G955FXXU1CRD1

Gear app 2.2.20.17113061

Gear plugin 2.2.03.18041051

The gear manager, Samsung health and the watch are all up to date.

My friend has the same issue using a gear s3 with a note 7.

Currently, in order to sync straight away i am resorting to manually exporting the GPX file to the strava website.

This issue is intermittant.

238 REPLIES 238
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

M4tthall,

Since I upgraded to the new version of Samsung health this has no longer been an issue for me. Each workout now syncs to Strava straight away no problems.

m4tthall
Explorer
Options
Thanks, that is good to hear at least, as I used to have a seamless experience with garmin/stava and was worried I made a mistake switching. Now I just hope they fix the HR issues...
daath
Explorer
Options

Which version did you upgrade to? Have have version 6.0.0.085 installed, and that doesn't work...

Beerfologist
First Poster
Options

6.0.0.85 here (current at the time of writing), my evening workouts still sync after midnight. I'm disappointed!

0 Likes
jonheg99
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i gave up, and installed SyncMyTracks and turned off the Strava integration in S Health. Atleast now its syncing but not awesome app and needs some fiddling to setup correctly. I had to turn off the S Health auto-detect activities since it messed up my strava with walks.

0 Likes
m4tthall
Explorer
Options

I had problems with syncing when I had Strava set to login through Facebook. When I changed that to login with email it seemed to sync my activity immediately. Now if only the HR worked consistently...

Dawidwu
First Poster
Options

You need to have the strava premium account, to sync right away 

0 Likes
jonheg99
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i have premium Strava, and it still did not sync properly.

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi Dawidwu,

That is incorrect. You do not need Strava premium to sync straight away. I do not have it and mine works fine.

arew
Journeyman
Options

Tried S Health and Strava together for the first time yesterday, on my new Galaxy Watch LTE.

Finished run at 19 in the evening, run synced to Strava at 04 in the morning (GMT).

Hard to fathom why this should be so problematic to get right.

46mm Galaxy Watch LTE, Note8, Oreo.

0 Likes