Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When finished recording a workout, Strava sync can sometimes take hours

(Topic created on: 03-06-2019 05:42 PM)
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

I have my Samsung health app (on the phone) set to sync with Strava. So whenever i record a workout (Cycling, running, walking etc), when the workout is completed, Samsung Health is meant to sync the data with strava.

I have a regular problem where the sync can sometimes take 12 hours approx.

This is an inconvenience because i like to finish my workout then look at the activity straight after in Strava.

I have tried these steps in order to 'force' a Strava sync but it doesn't work:
- Clearing the app's cache
- Force stopping the app and re opening
- Uninstalling the Samsung health updates and reinstalling them / re set the app back up.

I have also recently done a factory reset of the phone in order to fix another issue i was having...the issue survived that.

I am using a gear sport SM-R600NZKABTU

The phone I am using it with is a galaxy S8 plus SM-G955F.

The watch software version is:

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R600XXU1ARC4

Phone software version:

Android 8.0.0

Baseband: G955FXXU1CRD1

Gear app 2.2.20.17113061

Gear plugin 2.2.03.18041051

The gear manager, Samsung health and the watch are all up to date.

My friend has the same issue using a gear s3 with a note 7.

Currently, in order to sync straight away i am resorting to manually exporting the GPX file to the strava website.

This issue is intermittant.

238 REPLIES 238
Stuy76
Explorer
Options

Download the Strava app from the Galaxy App store and use that or manually download gpx data from Samsung and upload workout to strava on the website, don't think you do that on the app. 

0 Likes
eminach
First Poster
Options

Samsung Customer Care, 
what is going on?
2 years customers are complaining over synchronization with Strava, and you didn't put "Synch" button on your app
Just remove unsuble features like "call doctor" and work on usefull things

Strange is, sometimes it work immediately but some 48hours later..
Isn't it?

0 Likes
LindaO
First Poster
Options

This also happens on my Gear Fit2 Pro (restarting the watch does not help) and it is now the second time where updates have stopped for a couple of days (last time I had to reset everything to factory settings/uninstall reinstall the apps to get it working again). 

This, combined with the many bugs on the watch and the bad battery life in GPS mode has left me with serious buyers remose. I thought that there would be software and firmware updates to address the obvious issues, but it seems like this is not a priority for Samsung. I should have gone with Garmin or Fitbit. 

TechnoSpaz
Journeyman
Options

Hello All,

Thought I would give my feedback. I still have my Samsung Gear S3. I still love it. BUT, I completely stopped using the SHealth App. Strava has upped their version and it works every time. I also have Gear Tracker that someone mentioned on here - for a more fancy pacing, etc. Both instantly sync to Strava. No need to bother with SHealth - especially since none of my friends were on it any way.

Tl:DR - Do yourselves a favor and just move on to Strava App or Gear Tracker. And start tracking again!

Pechart
Journeyman
Options
I would love to just use strava. But there's nö swimming, right?
0 Likes
TechnoSpaz
Journeyman
Options

No, it has Nordic Ski though. lol

Gear Tracker does have swimming. I haven't used it yet. Got a bit scaredy cat the one time I wore my watch swimming, since it wasn't on the SHealth App.

0 Likes
Pechart
Journeyman
Options
Gear tracker isn't supported on my gear fit 2 pro and also I can't see support for swimming on their page.

So, to sum this up. Swimming doesn't sync to strava in a reliable way. And also, there's no support for open water swimming in ANY of the gear apps I tested. Maybe someone else knows more.

So the only function I really use with my gear remains the counting of laps in the pool. Awesome.
0 Likes
johnnycambs
Journeyman
Options

Id move to Strava, but use all the other features of the Samsung Health app. I can't believe Samsung haven't addressed this issue despite 17 pages of comments. 

0 Likes
johnnycambs
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, I've had the same issue. I went for a run yesterday and over 24 hours and nothing showing in Strava. Just can't understand why they won't fix this issue - they're just going to force users away from Samsung Health
0 Likes
markhawk
First Poster
Options

I have this problem as well.

0 Likes