Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp notifications not waking watch or sounding

(Topic created on: 29-09-2021 01:15 PM)
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options

I have a Galaxy watch 4.  Normal text message notifications are waking my watch screen and sounding but when I receive a whatsapp message, it comes through to my watch but doesn't wake the screen or make any sound so I only know it's there if I see the dot on my watch screen.  All whatsapp notification settings are as they should be.  Anybody have any suggestions?

26 REPLIES 26
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Go into wearable app, turn notifications off and back on....it worked for me 🤷
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options

the whatsapp notifications?

0 Likes
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options

I turned the whatsapp notifications off and then on again but didn't work.

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
All the notifications...on off toggle at top of page
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options

when I go into the wearable app and click notifications there doesn't appear to be an option to turn them all off, only the individual apps.  See attached.

Screenshot_20210929-131850_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Looks like you have it set to mute 🤷clipboard_image_1632918842381_1632918842381.jpg
0 Likes
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options

No that only mutes the notifications on my phone if I toggle that on, not the watch.  As per my original post, I get sound notifications on my watch from normal text messages but not from whatsapp notifications.  Doesn't make any sense.

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
On my phone s21 ultra wearable app looks like this....have you check to wearable app updatesScreenshot_20210929-133217_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg
0 Likes
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options

Thats weird.  I'm using the same phone.  The wear app I have appears to be up to date as if I go to the play store and open it, it says it was last updated on 2nd September with no option showing to update app.  Maybe your version is the old one.

Screenshot_20210929-140804_Google Play Store.jpg

0 Likes