Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point of the blood pressure function...

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 10:49 AM)
Dnt89
Explorer
Options
...  If you need to go and buy a blood pressure cuff to calibrate it?  Surely you would just continue to use the cuff? 
11 REPLIES 11
scooby555
Journeyman
Options
Best thing I can suggest is see if family or friends have one then you only need to fo it 3 times input the information on the app and then you don't need it and will always be able to do it off the watch afterwards you only need 3 results from the machine then the watch will work always after that without the machine
0 Likes
Dnt89
Explorer
Options
They don't. It's a completely redundant feature. If I need to spend another £20 to get a BP cuff then I might as well keep it and use that.
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
The blood pressure cuff is not something that you will carry with you daily and it won't give you constant readings but with the watch you can at any time. My GP surgery has a blood pressure machine in the waiting room for patients to use when they want for free, have you tried your GP?
0 Likes
Dnt89
Explorer
Options
I would have to book an appointment as mine doesn't have one. Most people are not continually checking their blood pressure and will probably do it once a day, which you can just use a cuff for. Again, completely redundant feature.
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Lol lol 😆.. My recollection (not a galaxy watch user just yet) every now and then you have to recalibrate watch using a "Medical grade BP machine..
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Hi, the blood pressure function is really useful. As someone who has to take regular readings, I know all about white coat syndrome!! As soon as the cuff is put on it can flip a psychological switch that skews the reading. For some reason, being able to casually flick the watch blood pressure reading app on doesn't have the same effect.

The calibration thing can be a lite annoying, but this is the best way to ensure the readings remain accurate.

The other useful thing with the app is that your readings are recorded so it's a handy reference for the doc.
0 Likes
Dnt89
Explorer
Options
But you still have to buy a cuff, which you are going to keep anyway. Why continuously recalibrate your watch when you can just use the cuff? It's pretty pointless.
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
This is my personal opinion.. Other than possibly steps and distance using GPS or actual daily time and date.. Most other monitoring stuffs... Are still in its infancy.. However people like Apple are soooo good with marketing and they are getting us to believe them rather than logic
ALSY
Navigator
Options
You can get a cuff on Amazon for around £25. Like I said in my previous post, the point is, when the watch is calibrated, you have the convenience of being able to check your pressure whenever you like, without the hassle if getting rigged up with the machine. It's not an official reading but it's enough to check you're on track. I find it really useful .
0 Likes