Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what a scam!!!!!!

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 07:19 PM)
Emz69
Journeyman
Options
Hi guys just want to make you guys aware of a scam going on so went to telefonica 02 to get my new upgrade S20 with my active watch between 2/9/20 to 30/9/20 so i got it before that time tried to claim straight away to be told you had to wait 14 days. Then after that to phone samsung and they said im not eligible for the watch cause that retailer wasnt eligible for that promotion. Eh so what do you guys think??? 

14 REPLIES 14
samson99
Pathfinder
Options
sorry
to hear that
samson99
Pathfinder
Options
unfortunately
people will try and scam
others one way or another
Emz69
Journeyman
Options
its not people is a retailer who had false advertisement on this deal. i paid over 300 to get this upgrade for the watch now i have a phone i didnt really want and no watch and nobody really taken responsibility for this.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
from my understanding and experience... all the UK networks are eligible for the free gift promos. I'm interested to know who told you to claim in 14 days... I purchased my Tab S6 lite a few days ago... made my claim for the free buds right away online and on the same day my claim was verified and accepted.

usually... on the free gift promo website... in the terms n conditions there's a list for the Republic of Ireland and UK showing which retailers are available.
0 Likes
Emz69
Journeyman
Options
a 02 retailer after i had tried to claim it and it had said imie number used but no tracker number so i went to another 02 shop for them to say you need to claim in 14 days so i tried again.
i didnt go on the website for this promotion i went to a shop that had all the promotion details all over the shop which you would have thought this is a retailer who must be promoting i even asked the guy in the shop are you doing the promotion with the active watch on the s20.
0 Likes
Matty8787
Pathfinder
Options
wait, you paid out real money on something you didn't want for an extra that isn't guaranteed? bit daft ain't it?

also most say to claim after 14 days as it's after the return period, it stops people claiming and then sending the device back.
0 Likes
Emz69
Journeyman
Options
no cause i upgraded my s9 to a s20 so i could get the watch as a extra. i know all that it was explained to me after. and why would i not be garanteed when it should have been as part of a promotion
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
"12. Claims may only be submitted between zero (0) and thirty (30) days after the date of purchase, meaning the final Claim date (for all Promotions) for purchases made on the 30th September 2020 is no later than 23:59 (GMT) on the 29th October 2020 (“Claim Period”). Claims outside of the Claim Period will not be eligible for a Reward. For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase counts as day one (1)."

I copied this from the Ts&C's of what I believe is the promotion you went for.
0 Likes
Emz69
Journeyman
Options
thats fair enough but it does say up to the 30th as the 30th being that day. i problem i have is the retailer who sold me that deal told me the promotion was still on. they still had all the promotion posters, signs of the promotion on show. well if its up on the 29th then it should have been stated 29th not 30th.
0 Likes