Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 - receiving a week early

(Topic created on: 19-08-2021 03:53 PM)
John_tandy
Pioneer
Options

hi everyone hope you're all good just a quick one the preorders of watch 4 are rolling out as just been emailed to day to say mine is arriving tomorrow only a whole week early 😊 

41 REPLIES 41
Snapper99
Voyager
Options

Mine came this afternoon, daughter unpacked it and had it all charged up ready for when I got home...  One day, I might actually be in for the delivery and get to unpack MY present myself lol...

So, going from a Galaxy Watch3 BT to the Watch4 Classic LTE here's my initial thoughts...

No getting away from it being a big beast, but then so is the Galaxy Watch3, it's heavier (not so good) but is actually a bit thinner when compared side by side which is good.

The one disappointing thing for me really has to be the strap, I couldn't work out what the strap was that it came with so assumed (wrongly it seems) that a flagship wearable like the Galaxy Watch4 Classic would come with a leather strap, I mean it's an expensive enough watch to warrant them putting one on in the box...

But no, it's come with a really disappointingly cheap looking plastic/rubber thing that in all honestly wouldn't look amiss in a seaside beach shop. Horrible.

Next job is to order up a black leather strap for it. Oh, and turn it on and go through the getting it registered with EE palaver again, having already done the wife's and daughters watches it doesn't get any easier.... lol.

Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
Snapper99
Voyager
Options

I think they all take the 20mm strap now

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Looking on Samsung's site: the 46mm silver classic and the brown band I've ordered are both out of stock now
0 Likes
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
Managed to get through this morning and in the same boat. I even ordered whilst the unpacked demo of the watch was still going on 😔
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I can now track it, still processing and saying 27th which in fairness...was the expectation but obviously others are getting early!

Samsung said they are waiting on stock allocation for mine, looking on their site you can no longer order the silver 46mm classic or camel bands so guess they're all out of stock
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Did you order Bluetooth or 4g. I ordered the watch 4 BT version. Which didn't come with a strap in the box. Unlike the 4g one does. I chose the white leather hybrid band. Just thinking as I know some are waiting on there straps they ordered. So maybe the ones who received it early are the 4g versions with a band supplied. I know this is the watch 4 case but not sure if the classic BT versions doesn't come with a strap.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I just looked up and if I ordered the 42mm Bluetooth classic version it doesn't come with a silicon strap in the box. I'm guessing this is why we didn't get our hands on early. If they sent just the watch without a strap to be able to wear it would be pointless. Lol
0 Likes
Snapper99
Voyager
Options
I ordered the 4G one. To be fair looking at the picture of the watch the strap kind of looked like the leather strap on my watch3 so I didn't think I needed to look for a suitable leather strap of quality to go with the watch ( my bad). I ended up with the strap they sent.... S/shop are now doing the stock alert email trick on straps and I await the email... Why they can't just take a order and send it out when the stock is in I don't know. Meantime, to stop me tearing the thing off my wrist ( supplied strap really does not feel nice to me) I'm using a nice 19.99 leather one from a famous site named after a rainforest....
Snapper99
Voyager
Options
Strap (compatible) 19.99 from .... zon. It works, my watch hasent fallen off my wrist yet. Note, yet....
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
I'd keep an eye out for texts. Just had one through saying mine has been delayed and will be with me by 9th September. Due to circumstances beyond Samsung's control. Sorry, but Samsung knew we're in the middle of a microchip shortage. I can't believe they sold out before unpacked finished.

So either Samsung didn't stock pile (poor prep) or they didn't dispatch based on order time (poor cx). Either way within Samsung's control.

Pretty poor show
0 Likes