Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 Problems Since Update

(Topic created on: 09-11-2021 02:39 PM)
GMcD
Explorer
Options
Since the last update on my watch it has started to do weird things. The screen starts doing what I can only describe as going into spasms! It sometimes distorts the details on the screen and flickers - the icons become oversized and it jumps from screen to screen. It also sometimes opens a different screen without even touching it. It's really difficult to get it out of this state. Anybody else have this issue?  I've rebooted a few times but it's still happening!! It's been doing this for a week or so.  This is the worst piece of tech I've bought in a long time 🤬
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

There is a proximity sensor on the front of your watch that allows the watch to know when to sleep. Try giving the face of the watch a wipe with a clean, dry cloth to make that there's no moisture or dirt on the screen.

Also, have you checked that there's no damage to the screen of the watch?

It may be worth restarting your watch by pressing and holding the Home and Back buttons > Select Power off > After a few seconds, turn it back on by pressing and holding the Home button.

Hope this helps 😊.

0 Likes
GMcD
Explorer
Options
Thanks. The screen is clean and there's no damage to it. I'll restart again as you suggest but I have tried that before and it didn't work!
0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
My watch and the phone app was a bit cranky after a previous update and support suggested a full factory reset....this actually worked and its been fine since......
GMcD
Explorer
Options
Thanks for that. I did another complete restart the other day and it hasn't been as bad as before. If it starts again I will try the factory reset as you suggest 🙂
0 Likes