Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 firmware update makes watch unusable

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 08:47 PM)
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
That's according to a report I read today Nov 7 in SamMobile. Firmware R8xxXXU1GV13. I saw my watch has the update installed. So I won't turn it off or reboot until a fix arrives. Any idea when, Samsung?
5 REPLIES 5
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I read the same report, pretty bad problem for samsung to overlook.

My galaxy watch 4 classic is running current firmware, Ive just turned mine off and back on to test and its functioning fine, not saying its not a problem for everyone else but not all watches seem to be effected, these watches ship with a two year warranty I think so samsung would have a duty to repair or replace it if the firmware bricks it.

Hope yours is one of the unaffected.
IsHack
Student
Options

I'm one of those who has dead GW4 because of this problem. Unfortunately I am in Malaysia and Samsung Malaysia refuses to acknowledge this problem. Thus is refusing to fix the problem without charging just under $100usd. 

KevP79
Voyager
Options
Strange they're not acknowledging the fault, I have this notification on the main screen of my galaxy members application.
I would contact them again and ask for anyone over level1 support.

Screenshot_20221108-124449_Samsung Members.jpg
Tezz
Voyager
Options
Samsung being Samsung as normal. Complete denial
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
Samsung has acknowledged the issue. They've also rolled out a new update, but I've seen reports in some media that this fix doesn't work. Seems very much like trial and error as to whether a watch is affected or not.
0 Likes