Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 Classic not recorded walking route since paired with S23+

(Topic created on: 28-04-2023 07:27 PM)
GSB1
Pioneer
Options
Hi all,

I have had my Galaxy Watch4 Classic since 2022. First paired with my S20+ phone. I moved the watch to my new S23+ in February and I have realised that ever since, my walks which I track in Samsung Health do not have the route recorded.

All apps and devices are updated. In fact the watch got another update today. I have tried removing and reinstalling Health on the phone. All location permissions are enabled as fully as can be selected.

I start my walk manually, I do not rely on workout detection. When I record my walk on the watch, the green location icon at the top just flashes and does not turn stay on constantly.

I have the "Provide location information" options toggled on in Health settings on the phone.

I have a service collection booked, but this coincidence with the GPS not working literally since the day the watch moved phone makes ,me think it is not a hardware fault.

Any ideas please?

Regards
G.
5 REPLIES 5
GSB1
Pioneer
Options
Further analysis on my own part revealed that the GPS on the watch would not function with any app that uses only the watch GPS (as I believe Samsung Health on Wear OS does).

I submitted logs via the Members app and got a response that the issue a hardware fault.

I had the watch collected for repair and returned today. Same problem! I spoke to the repair centre who advised no hardware was replaced (just a software update and GPS cache cleared).

Apparently the watch passed the Samsung IQC test for GPS before and after.

I fear sending this back for repair will just see a repeat. Are there any agents here that can intercept and help me get this actually repaired please?
0 Likes
KrakenTyler
First Poster
Options

Hey, I'm having the same issue with a GW4C.

Exactly as you say, internal GPS is not working.

It worked fine for years, but after started the last update which I installed end of April, it stopped working altogether.

Hopefully Samsung can release an update fixing it.

GSB1
Pioneer
Options
Mine is being collected again Monday. Samsung have instructed the service centre to replace GPS related hardware despite passing the IQC diagnostic. Let's see if they do and what the outcome is.
0 Likes
GSB1
Pioneer
Options
Samsung's official repairers Likewize / WeFix have just wasted another coupe of weeks. Sent the watch back with GPS still not working. Despite instruction they did not replace any hardware. I challenged and they sent me a photo of the watch running Google Maps as proof GPS works. Yeah right apart from Google Maps uses the phone GPS or location services, not the watch GPS.

So as I bought the watch from Amazon, it's back in the box already for their repair people to have a try. If that fails, I'll be wanting a replacement.

Expert repair, rest assured my backside.
0 Likes
GSB1
Pioneer
Options
Samsung support responded to my app logs and confirmed there must be a hardware fault.

Sent the watch twice to Samsung for repair and once via Amazon for repair. All 3 return ed the watch with same fault present. I think they just run diags which it passed, despite the fault being very easy to repeat (Samsung Health will not get GPS lock).

Gave up at this point and took a refund.

Will probably try again with a Watch 6 Classic when they release.
0 Likes