Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 Classic charger

(Topic created on: 31-03-2022 06:08 AM)
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone know if you can purchase an additional charger or if the older watch chargers work...I know my cradle style Gear S3 charger does not work with watch4 Classic......I've spoken with Samsung support and they said we don't sell a watch4 classic charger at the moment.......also I'm looking for a new band....Will current 20mm bands fit ? Again Samsung support could not actually give me an answer...typically 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Interesting........
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Really @PawPaw 

Looking at the present specs of the charging pad with it I'm sure being updated to be in line with newer models it currently states …

“ Fast Charge compatible with Galaxy Note20, Note20 ultra, S20, S20+, S20 ultra, Z Fold2, Z Flip, Note 10+, Note 10, S10e, S10, S10+, S10 5G, Note9, S9, S9+, Note8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+ & Apple iPhone 11 pro, 11, SE, XS Max, XS, XR, 8, 8 Plus / Qi compatible with Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and Qi certified devices (Galaxy Buds live, Buds+) / Galaxy Watch3, Watch Active2, Watch Active 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Yes....that's what they quoted to me then when I asked specifically about buds pro and watch 4 Classic they said not supported.....but as you say its possible the specs get revised for the watch4 at least....but the buds pro have been out for some time without official support.......
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
The watch 3 and watch 4 chargers are identical so if you need to purchase an additional charger purchase a watch 3 charger I don't believe anything below the watch 3 will be compatible
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

They are quoting from the current array of supported devices listed on the website currently.

The new devices wouldn't have been updated onto those yet.

I think they are being just cautious @PawPaw 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Good call thank you
0 Likes
Samsungers
Pioneer
Options
My Active2 charger looks similar to the one I got with my new Watch4 classic, will see if it works, it work on duo chargers and Galaxy note 20 ultra wireless power sharing .
Kevin Hu
First Poster
Options

That's weird. My Gear S3 charger works for my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. When I put 4 classic on the gear s3 charger, 4 classic shows charging status. But I don't know if it will have any problem. So, I only put it on for few seconds as a test. Anyone knows if it is safe to do it? I love s3 charger stand much more than watch 4 charger. 

0 Likes