Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 Classic charger

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 04:15 PM)
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone know if you can purchase an additional charger or if the older watch chargers work...I know my cradle style Gear S3 charger does not work with watch4 Classic......I've spoken with Samsung support and they said we don't sell a watch4 classic charger at the moment.......also I'm looking for a new band....Will current 20mm bands fit ? Again Samsung support could not actually give me an answer...typically 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm still using my Watch 3 charger for my Watch 4 classic and it works no problem
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PawPaw 

Some information in www.xda-developers.com/best-galaxy-watch-4-bands and www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/p30cn1/will_galaxy_watch_3_bands_fit_on_the_watch_4. 

So as long as the band is 20mm and has the needed pins it hopefully should fit, but don't quote me on this. 😉

Keep an eye out on YouTube.

It's interesting to read from you that the cradle from your Samsung Watch³ watch does not charge the watch but @ynneL indicates theirs does !

Perhaps try again.

Personally looking at the pad that comes with the Watch ⁴ I do prefer the Cradle Charger that came with my Samsung Gear³ Frontier Watch.

I also use the Samsung Duo Charger to charge it too.

Perhaps in time more 3rd party retailers will release more options for charging the watches. 🤞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for the reply.....The watch4 Classic just does not sit in the GearS3 cradle properly.....I'd like one of those 3 in 1 chargers for my Note10 plus , buds Pro and watch4 Classic but not sure what to get or if one that works with all 3 actually exists yet.......
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @PawPaw 

Samsung have a triple charging option of that's an option.

samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wireless-charger-trio. 

uk-wireless-charger-trio-p6300-ep-p6300tbeggb-frontblack-312135360.png

PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Just spoke with Samsung, they confirm the charger Trio does not support buds pro or watch4 Classic....unfortunately
0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
The watch3 charger is different to the gearS3 charger ...the watch4 Classic just does not fit.....can you tell me what the power output is on your warch3 charger....the watch4Classic requires 5v 1.0A charger.....gearS3 is 5v 0.7A
0 Likes
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
Duo Pro works, and also my old active 2 charger 😉
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's interesting @PawPaw as it's designed to be able to charge wireless products including other manufacturers compatible devices.

Which department of Samsung have advised you it won't charge the watch or earbuds  ?

0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
spoke with one of the product support experts.....they said only my Note10plus is supported with the trio.......
0 Likes