Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch4 and Gmail, no notifications

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 08:34 AM)
Stylos
Explorer
Options

I still don't receive notifications from Gmail after the update.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BrentStarburst
Explorer
Options

Hi, can I just add to this thread that I get this issue as well. I get emails on the watch, but no vibration or opening of the email. 

This doesn't happen if I connect my Gmail account to Outlook - then notifications come through.

I have reset/checked settings and all. It has never worked even after a firmware update.

0 Likes
daryl1968
Journeyman
Options

me too - same problem

0 Likes
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
Have you enabled Gmail notifications in the Samsung Wear app? I've found everything disabled by default so had to turn on the notifications I wanted - unlike previous wear os versions which have been enabled by default.
0 Likes
Stylos
Explorer
Options

Yes I enabled it from day one. Then I disabled everything and enabled them again. Including the Gmail.

0 Likes
degsyh
Journeyman
Options
Update - sorry my bad. Clicking on the number of emails does work.. it's just very small to click on 😂 I still don't get any notification sounds though!

I get some notifications but still a bit flakey. Also looks like they introduced a bug - when more than 1 comes through at once you can see a number eg 3. You previously could click on the email or "3" and see a summary of all 3. I can't seem to do that now or get to the next email without scrolling all the way to the bottom of each one and clicking ”clear". Unless anyone else has any suggestions?
0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
A fix is incoming according to this message I got from Samsung
" Hey, Paul! Our experts have noted that this issue will be solved with a software update for the watch and the Gmail app. 

For instructions on how to update both, please see the following link from our US colleagues: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084622/ "
BrentStarburst
Explorer
Options

We've heard this before....they're not exactly putting any urgency into it!

0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
I know, I've sent numerous error reports and spoke via phone and chat several times.....their support system is like jumping through hoops of fire blindfolded with both feet tied together........they are quick to grab our money but are almost in reverse to communicate and resolve simple issues that actually matter to us customers.......I like the products I dislike the lack of support and customer value.....
BrentStarburst
Explorer
Options

Do appreciate your efforts! You'd think they'd do better considering the price of their products! 

For anyone interested, there's someone on the Galaxy subreddit of Reddit that has developed an app that works around this issue. I've not tested it myself, but is getting good response.

https://libredd.it/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/pphhka/app_a_workaround_for_silent_gmail_notifications/