Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watch randomly adding 1300 (ish) burned kcal's at random intervals during the day!?!

(Topic created on: 17-06-2019 10:49 AM)
mrlee03
Student
Options

Before my galaxy watch i had a gear sport and never had an issue. so im pretty sure i know how the health app works and what to expect from it on a daily basis ( Im saying this before people jump on and try to tell me its "normal" or its just "counting the calories that keep you alive from day to day" )

So yesterday (16/6/19) lazy day for me, looked at my weight managment calories at about 10am and as expected it was around 300-400 kcal OVER (perfectly normal in my experience).

Then roughly an hour later i looked again and was shocked to see it was reporting i was 1100kcal ish UNDER. so in under an hour it had somehow picked up on a 1300kcal activity ( no idea where it got this from). 

so i added a ficticious 1300kcal meal to my breakfast to bring the calorie count back into line, all was ok until about 8pm when it did it again, roughly the same amount added to my burned kcal from thin air.

Same again this morning 1300kcal burned from nowhere.

very dissapointed with this product so far, even more so because i got the LTE version and im tied to a contract with it!!

Just been speaking to someone on live chat who had me restart the watch, check for software updates etc etc.

Basically reading from a samsung flow chart, im just waiting for them to request i delete samsung health data and cache....... and as expected thats the route they took.

Do i have a defective watch?

is it simply a firmware issue?

Do samsung intend to release a fix?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
LeishyD
First Poster
Options

Same problem here... has been working great then it happen once, i done the usuals (reset, delete cache, check for updates etc)...

And then it happened again, and again, and now is becoming more and more frequent...

Not sure what to do next as samsung AU's help desk/support and account login is currently unavailable, not that that would help unless they release a mirical firmware update...

Certainly this is a warranty job???

0 Likes