Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch overheating and will not charge

(Topic created on: 26-07-2021 04:01 PM)
Kezza G
Apprentice
Options

I've had my Galaxy watch for three years with no issues. However, following a recent update the battery has been draining quickly and now it won't charge at all as it is overheating. Consequently the phone is dead, so I can't reset it or anything else. Really disappointed. It cost £300! Is there anything I can do? 

6 REPLIES 6
Tauntaxel
First Poster
Options

Mine is doing the same thing. Is there a fix yet? There are no updates and I've tried factory resetting my watch AND re-installed the app on my phone with no luck. What else can I try Samsung?

0 Likes
Kezza G
Apprentice
Options

I had to send mine to Samsung to be repaired. Haven't been able to collect it from where it was delivered yet because I'm isolating, so can't comment on how effective the repair is, but I expect you will have to do the same anyway. Contact Samsung customer/ repair service.

0 Likes
Members_2IR6akR
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Galaxy watch 4g 46 mm and the watch is less than a year old.

Have the exact same problems with heat,  poor slow charging and very quick draining of the battery. I have reseted the watch but the problems are the the same.

Come on Samsung, this issues have been around at last the two years, and you seem not to bother at all as there are no replies or work-arounds. There are other brands for watches, tabs and mobiles, you know....

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Members_2IR6akR ,

I know how frustrating this may be for you. However, if the issue persists after a Factory reset there may be an issue with the unit so I would recommend you to reach our Support Team to get an inspection arranged so this can be fixed. You can find their contact details HERE. 

Kezza G
Apprentice
Options

In the end I sent my watch to Samsung for a repair. This was carried out FOC even though my watch is > one year old. The repair was carried out and returned to me swiftly, and it seems to have done the trick. No more overheating! Plus the battery life I've come to expect. Happy with and impressed by Samsung customer service. 

Basically there is no fix - Samsung's repair service are the ones to fix the issue. 

0 Likes
Csmallg2
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem! What can I do? Samsung help!

0 Likes