Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch Face and AOD not working in Galaxy Watch 4 after update February 2022

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 09:11 AM)
Christian bram
Student
Options

Galaxy Watch4 Classic Dear Samsung & Guys,

my Watch Face and AOD not working on your Galaxy Watch 4 after the recent update.

it freezes at the last time before entering AOD mode & suddenly jump to current time when I wake it up.

please refer to https://www.droidwin.com/watch-face-and-aod-not-working-in-galaxy-watch-4-after-update/?unapproved=4...

I Guess there must be a lot more of us GW4 user that experienced the same thing.

please Samsung help with this issue.

19 REPLIES 19
JDW2
Journeyman
Options

I agree. Virtually all of my non samsung watch faces no longer update the aod time properly. It makes the aod worthless. This is supposed to be a watch afteralll... 

0 Likes
g00nerz
Apprentice
Options
I've sent in a bug report for this issue. No response in 5 days and counting.
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

When I turn on AOD it work,needle for seconds dissapear only when my hand is down in 'normal' position,and when I look to watch needle for sec. appears and continue by typing...

It is the proper operation of the AOD.

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

This is non Samsung face on watch,I buy it on Google Play Store,and AOD is ON..

20220218_193108.jpg

20220218_193113.jpg

20220218_193138.jpg

It work nice ! We will see when it will be new software update what will happen with all that nice and good stuff on GW4 ! 😉

0 Likes
g00nerz
Apprentice
Options
Surely we can't be the only third party watch face SGW4 users that are experiencing this issue. Come on Samsung, at least acknowledge there's a problem.
0 Likes
JDW2
Journeyman
Options

There are many many complaints from watch face developers because the majority of non samsung watch faces were broken in the recent update.  Ivan 1979 shows a nice aod but I bet that the time does not update and the aod shows the wrong time... 

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Ok,what I show up in pictures it is only 10 minutes of wearing. Now I change it again and I will be wearing all day today with AOD on,then will let you know what happend and is AOD work propetly. 😉

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

I don't have to wait all day with AOD on. I think I know what's bothering you. The AOD is on,and the hands of the clock stay in place until I look at them,then they automatically switch to the correct time. That's what you meant,right ? 

0 Likes
JDW2
Journeyman
Options

That is correct. The time will not update until you wake up the watch by touching the face, pushing a button, or raising your wrist if that setting is active (which it shouldn't be as it defeats the purpose of aod). I was late for an appointment as I kept looking at my watch thinking I had 10 minutes to go and eventually realized the watch wasn't advancing! 

0 Likes