Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch eSIM with new phone

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 09:26 AM)
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
I've searched here and the Internet and detailed info on eSIMs is pretty elusive.

I have a galaxy watch with a EE pay as you go eSIM, they have since closed the loophole to allow you to get a PAYG eSIM. My GW5 Pro LTE should (hopefully) be here any day now. I want to register the GW5 with a new eSIM, which is straight forward enough but I also want to keep the PAYG eSIM on the original galaxy watch but give it my daughter so she can register it with her phone.

The question is, if you register a watch with an eSIM to a new phone, does it deprovision the eSIM or retain it? 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Jubei
Explorer
Options
Reset the watch, pair to new phone and have ee re-link the number to the different line. (That line does not disappear as they are still charging for it) That's the theory however confirm with ee before proceeding as they would walk you through the process.(have swapped my esim across 2 different watches now) only snag may be that the new phone might need to be on your account but that's me speculating that requirement.
0 Likes
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
The problem is because it's a pay as you go eSIM they don't support it so any kind of network operator assistance is out the window.

If it does wipe the eSIM when pairing with a new phone I guess my only options are to keep it paired with my phone or find the original printed QR code.
0 Likes
Jubei
Explorer
Options
That seems like the only option as to pair watch to a new phone you need to reset it and doing that also disassociates the esim from your number. Any repairing will require EE assistance at that point!
0 Likes