Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watch drying skin

(Topic created on: 13-03-2021 10:41 AM)
nigel001UK
Student
Options

Hi all I have had my watch a few years now and it has been great and I have been able to wear it night and day but the last week it has started to dry the skin on my wrist and its itchy has any one else having this issue 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
clive11
First Poster
Options
after a while bacteria will accumulate on the underside of the watch so leave watch off for a day or two
0 Likes
nigel001UK
Student
Options
I do clean it but will give it a go thanks
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I wipe my fitbit band and sensor plate with antibacterial spray on tissue paper when I take it off each night and leave it to dry off. It's not done the fitbit any harm. the same should apply to your galaxy watch
0 Likes
nigel001UK
Student
Options
ok thanks
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I have had this. I think the silicone strap can rub and irritate the skin. also I sometimes wear it at work and if it gets wet or sweaty under the strap I think that can cause it aswell.
0 Likes
nigel001UK
Student
Options
ok thanks
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Take the watch off till your skin is healed otherwise you will have skin damage and therefore a possible infection.

Also you should disifect your watch every now and then

Archer
nigel001UK
Student
Options
thanks for the information 👍
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.

• Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environmental factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
• Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
• If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.
• Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.

Welcome to the Community!