Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch counting to many floors

(Topic created on: 07-09-2019 02:58 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

My watch has recently started to behave oddly, it has started to count to many floors, at the moment it’s counting more than 50 floors a day, some while I’m asleep .

i have a SM-R800, paired to a Apple 8

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Anonymous User , how are you?

Could be a GPS problem or a bad software implementation, effectivily the watch can count the amount of floors climbed but not when you are sleeping or without movement.

Let a Samsung moderator talk to you, they will give you a solution to check, send data to Samsung or try to fix the issue if it's possible without warranty or without to use tecnical service extreme.

Sometimes GPS change to a other ficticial coordenates because other people's problems or 3rd Parties.

Check replies next week and speak with them :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Does anyone in Samsung actually respond to these, a quick search on this board & the US community shows 100s of owners with a similar problem but not one intervention by anyone from Samsung.

appauling non existent customer service, I shall be returning my watch as it fails to do even the basics 

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Hi TonyG1, I only wish that you can fix your problem.

Often I can experimentate with other GPS sources and programs that sometimes get a not real GPS possition  for some different reason to the App or Watch. When it get GPS coordenates, it get height values too, then could be possible that Smart Watch can show false values sometimes and to make bad calcules itself. Depend if you lost the GPS signal,a bad read or something similar. Only I can tell you about my experience and only a one month of Galaxy Watch.

Please, let to a Samsung Tecnical to check, they will try to help you, be patient, you wrote two days ago in a weekend, let a little bit time, they will be bussy in others task, but I'm sure they will answer you as soon as possible. Also you have the Technical Service available, usualy free, for the customers always that they can use it with warranty and it be a correct incidence.

Thank in advance and have you a good day :sun-with-face:

0 Likes
Darz
Student
Options
Ok two months over...!! will they even respond to this ?
0 Likes