Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Watch Active insane battery drain after update

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 07:55 PM)
massi93
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

So I own a Watch Active v1 and after this recent update, battery has been really an issue. My set up is an Iphone 8 plus + watch active. It was doing great before the update, I was getting barely 2 days with my personal settings.

Symptoms? Every time I go to sleep with 100% I wake up with 60%-70% (best case scneario). I checked the battery usage and at the top "Samsung Health" appears every day.

After this update, I can't get to a 1 single day. I tried everything:

-resetting and hard resetting watch

-resetting/unistalling galaxy watch app and samsung health from iphone

-setting every single setting from the watch which could  save up battery (brightness , hr measuring, connections etc)

-updating to last version of every app mentioned above

-reading  every thread here to try solutions proposed there

I don't know if eventually this is going to be read by someone at samsung, but if you are going to update your devices without providing a solution after screwing up, at least give us the chance to rollback.

Thanks for reading

49 REPLIES 49
WillemS1
First Poster
Options

Hi.

We have the same problem. Ative watch v1

Till now no solution found ?... ate did we not get it? In Europe?

What update did samsung do to improve the battery  life?. My wife watch battery after not even one day use and all apps switched of at the minimum.... before a few months ago was fine.

0 Likes
chadams722
First Poster
Options

Watch will only hold a charge for 5-6 hours.  It use to be 2-3 days.  

AMSMagenta
Apprentice
Options

Before all thos COVID-19 stuff I had been in contact with samsung via chat. They went through troubleshooting but to no success. Then asked me to send the watch to them via post. I have again attempted to contact them as my watch is not registered on my account - only my phone. I cant send the watch until it is registered. I have tried a couple of times to send an email to Samsung to help with this issue but have not received a reply. 

Allison 
0 Likes
jimw1
Journeyman
Options

I switched from an Android phone to an iPhone at the start of the year , and immediately notice a big drop in battery life, from over two days to less than one. Samsung Health is the highest battery user, but it is such a basic metric I'm not sure I trust it. Some tools for exploring battery performance would be useful.

mb2706
Pioneer
Options
If you go to the phone app on your watch, dial *#06# it brings up a QR code that you can scan from your phone in the Samsung members app, this will then register your watch against your account
0 Likes
jimw1
Journeyman
Options

A bunch of apps updated today, including Samsung Health. The watch has been on for 10hrs but only dropped by 12%.

0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Great thank you
0 Likes
baby_lizard
First Poster
Options

When I switch my phone from android to iphone recently, the battery drain very fast. After I update all the apps on my galaxy watch active through the Galaxy Watch app on my iphone, the battery performance resume normal, thanks!

0 Likes
jimw1
Journeyman
Options

I haven't changed anything, but my watch has drained in less than 24hrs over the last two days.  Samung Health is showing up as the major energy user.  I'm going to recharge it, then disable automatic activity detection, and see if that helps.

0 Likes
C-St
Student
Options
Mine started AFTER the update....
0 Likes