Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Watch Active insane battery drain after update

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 07:05 AM)
massi93
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

So I own a Watch Active v1 and after this recent update, battery has been really an issue. My set up is an Iphone 8 plus + watch active. It was doing great before the update, I was getting barely 2 days with my personal settings.

Symptoms? Every time I go to sleep with 100% I wake up with 60%-70% (best case scneario). I checked the battery usage and at the top "Samsung Health" appears every day.

After this update, I can't get to a 1 single day. I tried everything:

-resetting and hard resetting watch

-resetting/unistalling galaxy watch app and samsung health from iphone

-setting every single setting from the watch which could  save up battery (brightness , hr measuring, connections etc)

-updating to last version of every app mentioned above

-reading  every thread here to try solutions proposed there

I don't know if eventually this is going to be read by someone at samsung, but if you are going to update your devices without providing a solution after screwing up, at least give us the chance to rollback.

Thanks for reading

49 REPLIES 49
Raphel
First Poster
Options

The battery of the Mobile with which it paired is happening big way. I use One plus 6 and the Mobile drains 15% per 4 hours as per batery usage status trend from Mobile settings. Taken up with Samsung. The Active 2 gear app in the PlayStore page also has numerous complains on thsi subject. 

I think Samsung is cheating public with an underdeveloped baby product.

Have taken up with Operaions CEO desk and they called up few times, but update of the galaxy App is yet to be

released.See the problemSee the problem

0 Likes
AndroidUser1
Student
Options

My watch did an update on January 9th 2020 and hasn't been the same since. I barely get 13 hours from a charge. Ugh. Is there anyway to revert the update? Any other suggestions? 

Scbrown
Student
Options

How can I get this update to resolve it? I've searched and my watch doesn't seem to have any available.

0 Likes
AndroidUser1
Student
Options

I finally got mine to not drain by reseting.  I went into the Gear App and did a backup and then a reset.  I still had to manually changes some settings that didn't seem to backup but my battery now lasts like it did before.

jimw1
Journeyman
Options

What version are you now on ?  I've recently switched from an Android phone to an iPhone, and battery life is less than half as long.  

AMSMagenta
Apprentice
Options

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Active new in a June and it has always only ever given me just over a day of battery. 

In the last two days though since the update I get no more then 1 hour and it just shuts off without notice. 

0 Likes
AMSMagenta
Apprentice
Options

I reset the watch last night and it was 100% charged when I went to bed. This morning the watch was dead flat again 0% charge

AMSMagenta
Apprentice
Options

I am only getting less than 3 hours per charge. Who do I contact? Not happy. Have only had this new watch about 8 months and it's pretty much useless now

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @AMSMagenta 

It sounds as though one of our engineers need to take a look at your watch. Are you anywhere near one of our Service Centres?

0 Likes
Studunny
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, a full charge lasts less than 24 hours. Nothing has changed other than an update last week.