Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch active 2 is a fraud

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 09:13 PM)
Felim
First Poster
Options

My watch active 2 gps stopped working after  1 mth. Technician at seller said it was water damage and warranty is voided. Claims watch should not be in water. It is advertised as a sports watch. It has two separate swimming exercises: pool and outdoor. But the detailed terms say it is only water resistant, not waterproof.

Also in Samsung detailed terms the watch should only be in water for 30 minutes. No decent swimmer swims for only 30 minutes on a session.

This watch is a fraud. The retailer (Fonez Ireland) is selling it fraudulently. Samsung is selling it fraudulently. 

I am going to replace it with a Garmin. I have been buying Samsung phones religiously since the S2 (currently on S10e). So disgusted I will now dump my Samsung phone and move to a new brand. 

2 REPLIES 2
Johnta07
First Poster
Options

I AGREE 100+ percent. The lies on this Active as well as the other watches (and even their phones) is ridiculous! I was in a pool for maybe 45m just play with my  6 y/o daughter (watch was not constantly under water) and I had a none responsive screen for a whole day and muffled audio for a week 🤦🏾. Before I had the S10+ and recorded three 10sec videos underwater (like the commercials show) and completely bricked my phone. These things are splash resistant AT THE MOST. False advertisement. 

ThatPeteKid
First Poster
Options

Aren't you supposed to run the swimming routine which locks the watch?

0 Likes