Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Watch 6 customisable ringtone needed

(Topic created on: 07-08-2023 06:20 PM)
Scott111
Pioneer
Options
The watch 3 was a great watch and you could put your own music on it for ringtone and message alerts. How disappointed I am to have upgraded to the watch 6 where this feature has been taken off.
This needs to be put back on as an update so we can customize our watches to how we want them and have a decent ringtone of our music to put on them. The ringtones that are on the watch aren't load and are absolute rubbish. If I'd known I couldn't use my own music taste as a ringtone I would have stuck to my watch 3 and not bothered upgrading to what I thought was a better watch but was mistaken into thinking this.
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @Scott111 , Sounds like a great feature for the new watches too! (I know I'd like to have it if I had one.) Shame that the old method posted on here doesn't seem to work for the Watch6 - so I've forwarded your suggestion on to our R&D folks. Me or one of the other moderators will let you know what the developers reply with when they get back to us.

Scott111
Pioneer
Options
Thank you. I know there are apps you can download for the watch 4 and 5 that let you play music as a ringtone but I would rather have the genuine thing from Samsung so I don't have anything happening to my watch 6 when they bring a compatible app out to use music on the watch 6.
AntS
Options

Hi @Scott111 , The developers have got back to us on this one. They've let us know that whilst they're not looking to implement this suggestion currently, they'll be looking for similar user suggestions to see if more people would like it too - so I'd encourage more folks who would to say so in this topic (and in other places too).

Shutupdog
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Developers - OF COURSE we want to have customised ringtones and notifications! Why would you even think that anybody wouldn't?