Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 - Worth getting sapphire watch 5? Anyone else ordered it?

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 06:47 PM)
CHRIS-F
Navigator
Options

Hey guys I have the galaxy watch 4 and really love the sapphire watch 5 but is it worth getting has anyone else ordered it and do you think its worth it 🤯

11 REPLIES 11
Andrew2735
Pioneer
Options
I would not know.
But don't think it would be worth upgrading.
The G-Watch 4 seem more than capable.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Must admit very disappointed with the GW5, will be sticking with my GW4, Fold3 but upgrading to Buds Pro2.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
The GW3 to the GW4 was a worthwhile upgrade but in my opinion, the GW5 isn't a worthy upgrade from my GW4
Jubei
Explorer
Options
Just pre orderd the galaxy watch 5 pro today. Other than improved battery life and a more rugged exterior, which i really want, it might not be worth it for most.
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Not worth the upgrade in my view. Nothing really startling or amazing with it, and lack of benzel. Sticking with my GW4 & just treated it to a couple of new straps.
CHRIS-F
Navigator
Options
might just do the same hopefully next year we get a different look
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
It seems the case, other than a battery and some desperately complicated "route downloads", I think most facilities are the same
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I was at a Samsung pop up in Westfield London, tried out the SGW5 v W4 46mm, visually it seems a much bigger beast, UI etc same old.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
PeatyR
Explorer
Options

I just upgraded to the 5 (non pro) earlier this week from the 4. I have to send it back today, it's not recording any sleep functions.  I'm bummed because when I spoke to tec support yesterday after checking all the settings and resetting everything. I was told that if it didn't start recording they would send me a replacement.  Today, after it still didn't record, I was told that that was incorrect, I have to send it back for "repair or replacement" . So I'll be without my watch now, I've already sent back my 4 as a trade in.  So at this point I say if you are tempted, wait till they have had it out for a little while.