Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro. Why does the Samsung health app auto pause at 15min?

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 08:55 AM)
Neil75
Journeyman
Options

Every time I try and track my runs, walks the health app on the watch pauses at 15min or just after.  When I restart it it doesn't then re pause at 30min.  I've checked for time limits and can't see any reason for auto pause to active at 15min.  And auto pause has been turned off also.  Any ideas Samsung? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I did treadmill running few times, 1hr plus but no issues

Next time I am going to activate normal running, then turn off location and run on the treadmill, let's see what happens
0 Likes
Neil75
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. I've got location on and it does the same for walks, runs and treadmill! It's so annoying.
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Is this when the watch auto detect the exercise or when you start the exercise?

If I start the exercise the watch keeps running for as long as I do and gives me updates every lap. However, when it detects walking automatically after 10 minutes it gives the option to record it, after accepting, the watch keeps recording but after a while it says the walk has stopped when clearly I have not. The funny thing about it, it is that it keeps counting the walk.

0 Likes
Neil75
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for that. No it happens when I start the exercise. Which is why I've gone through settings to turn off auto pause and can't see anywhere else that could cause the issue.
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Did you check if you have a set target for the exercise on the phone's app? For instance, for running the Samsung Health App has four targets option, duration target, distance target, calories target and no target.

Does it stop if you set it to no target?

0 Likes
Neil75
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. Yep that's been checked and no targets set on watch or phone app.
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options
That's a bummer. Have you updated both the phone and watch to the latest firmware as well as the apps? Did you try clearing cache? Sorry if am suggesting the obvious.

The app does behave decently enough for me.
It is irritating when we get one of these problems without an apparent reason
0 Likes
Neil75
Journeyman
Options
Thanks again. Suggestions are good. I've updated recently both phone and wearable app. And watch went through an update the other day. I'll keep trying. Cache I've not deleted. Can this be done on watch or phone only, and how do you do it?
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

To clear the cache on the phone:

How do I clear the cache on my device? You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter recovery mode.

I f you follow the steps on the link, you will boot onto the recovery screen and there are several menus.
One of them "Wipe cache partition" which will ask you for confirmation and "Repair apps" which will NOT ask you for confirmation and will reboot the phone. So you should do the Wipe cache partition first and then the Repair apps.

None of those will wipe everything. The phone will keep all the accounts and configuration.
On the recovery screen, pay attention to "Wipe data/factory reset". DO NOT use that menu because that one will wipe everything on your phone and you will need to setup like if it were brand new.

To boot onto the recovery screen connect a USB headset or a computer to the phone. Turn off the phone and when the phone is fully off, press simultaneously the volume up and power buttons until the Samsung logo appears, the phone will go into recovery screen. If you miss it, repeat the power off the phone and start again.

In the recovery screen the volume up and volume down navigate the menu and the power button selects the menu.

On the watch:

Follow the instructions on this link:

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/clear-your-galaxy-watch-cache-or-storage/

How to clear cache

Step 1. Swipe up from your Galaxy Watch Home screen.

Step 2. Tap on the Recent apps icon.

Step 3.  You may clear recently opened apps by swiping up on each app shown to close it or go all the way to the left and tap on the Close all icon to clear cache for all apps.

I hope this will help.