Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro trade in query

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 05:50 PM)
Freccle
Journeyman
Options

I am attempting to pre order the Galaxy Watch 5 PRO LTE. I am going via the Blue Light site.

The price for it is £407.15 (I have saved screenshots)

When I go to order it, it takes me via the EPP site, which is fine. I get it in my basket, agree to trade in my old smart watch but it only takes £100 off for the trade in. It's splashed all over the Samsung site that for this weekend only, they are offering a trade in of £171 for the Pro watch only. Nothing I do gets the £171 deducted.

I've been on to 2 different chats, the first one said they couldn't help with store queries and the second one said they couldn't help with the BLC discount and to contact Blue Light directly. I feel as if I'm talking a different language to them! There is no problem with the BLC discount - it takes me to the Samsung site as it should, takes me to EPP site when it should - I am just not getting the trade in promised. I am on the point of giving up and going with Garmin instead

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If its this weekend, you may have to wait until tomorrow to get the trade in discount.
Worth not stressing and try again tomorrow
Just double check the watch you are trading in is eligible and you are getting specifically the watch the Promotion is for.
Also take a look in the smallprint for exclusions to the promotion
0 Likes
ukIanb
Student
Options
The discount is correct, if you read the terms it says the discount is made up of the 15% EPP discount plus £100 for trading in an old watch - so £171.85 total as advertised. It's a bit sneaky as the watch trade in as for everyone not just EPP
0 Likes
Freccle
Journeyman
Options
Yes but I'm buying it through EPP
0 Likes
Jubei
Explorer
Options
What he said! I had similar on defence discounts..
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I only got £100 on samsung website ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
ukIanb
Student
Options
Yeah same as me, the total discount is £171 they give you 15% plus the trade in value which is £171.85. you don't get anything else
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

If you're only seeing £100 trade in discount then you are likely not using the EPP website. Just bear in mind the £171 figure is somewhat mythical as it depends on the band you pick too.

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Welcome to the great Samsung EPP scandal - just be grateful on this one they are actually paying out the same trade-in discount. They normally offer a weaker deal on EPP, which often cancels out any 'discount'.

0 Likes