Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 pro - Setting a custom ringtone?

(Topic created on: 21-04-2023 05:35 PM)
Crossy66
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if you can set a custom ringtone the watch 5 pro

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi @Crossy66,

Check if this solution works for you - the Member here has done it with a 3rd party app.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/how-to-put-custom-ringtones-and-notifications-on-to-a-...

Crossy66
Journeyman
Options
Thanks I'll give it a try
mashed
First Poster
Options
I tried it couldn't get it to work
NeilMcA
Apprentice
Options
Apparently, in their wisdom, Samsung have removed this functionality.
0 Likes
NeilMcA
Apprentice
Options
You can put files in the Ringtone folder (in downloads) but the watch still doesn't find them to allow setting as the ringtone. On my old galaxy watch when you listed music tracks you could just set any of them as a ringtone.
0 Likes
UnidentifiedTag
First Poster
Options

I rang Samsung because on the galaxy watch 5 when it was 1st released has the ability to use ring tones and notification tones added to the ringtone and notifications folders on the watch it's self, in MP3 format however now I put the tones in mp3, odd, .wav you name it I've tried it format, doesn't work.

They have removed functionality that wants existed with an update 

Oh, and they said they knew about the problem and couldn't fix it, have to wait for a non existent update

0 Likes
UnidentifiedTag
First Poster
Options

Still this issue exists, now I'm finding my custom ringtones and notification sounds. under Samsung's default ringtones and notification sounds. meaning when I add something I have to press on every default Samsung ringtone and notification sound till I find mine, same problem with alarms.

How long must we suffer with this

0 Likes
Dean83
Student
Options
This is still the case now... the ringtones I've downloaded to my phone, won't transfer over to my Watch5 Pro... I used to have them on my Active Watch2. But can't for this watch... I spoke to an agent on the phone earlier and he didn't know about this, and nore did i... so he made me reset my watch, and said that this would fix it... I can safely say it hasn't worked... when will this simple thing be fixed? Because I'd like my watch ringing the same as my phone
0 Likes