Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro burn

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 11:37 AM)
bigneil
Apprentice
Options
I recently bought a watch 5 Pro. I wore it for several weeks with no problem then, One morning I seem to recall shortly after I finished a workout, I noticed a red mark. Thought nothing of it then later that day it had developed into a burn. I moved it around my wrist where it promptly did the same, albeit I removed the unit sooner.

After several frustrating episodes of online chat I spoke with someone on 'product liaison' who asked a bunch of questions then ,arranged to have it picked up. Now more than a fortnight later I'm being offered a refund and being told there is no issue and that I must have developed a reaction to it. I've pointed put that not only am I not allergic to anything but that my use of anything that would have been one skin, such as soap etc, hasn't changed.

At the same time as purchase I also picked up a flip4 both because there was a decent deal on it, and I wanted to have a watch and phone the same make for compatibility reasons. Where do I stand in respect of this, because its not like they're offering ,me a different unit in exchange just the same watch back, and if I decline and mess about with the refund, then I'm stuck with a phone and possibly a different watch which lacks compatibility. 

This is really disappointing...
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you are having allergic reaction replacing won't help, you will have this issue again I suppose. It doesn't affect everyone but this has affected some

I know you wanted a matching set, which would be great in an ideal world

I would take the money myself, but I'm not you, you have to make that decision

0 Likes
bigneil
Apprentice
Options
I don't agree with the assumption that it's an allergic reaction. Why not a momentary malfunction?
0 Likes
DennisMD
Student
Options

My Galaxy5 Pro has burned me.  Not allergic reaction.  Burn is from sensor.  They had me ship my watch in and are now asking to ship it back with no analysis or discovery done.  They seem to be okay with their customer getting burned.

0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

Have you already spoken to our Product Liason Team about this, please? If not and you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
carrzey
Explorer
Options

I had the same issue with my watch 5. They tested it.. Said it was fine then offered me a partial refund but only if I signed away any future claims I may seek regarding the burn.

That was October 22 and I still have a disfigured skin burn.

Samsung are more interested in limiting their liability than assisting customers their products have burned 

But for the requirement to sign the, waiver I would have accepted their offer but I am not being blackmailed by them for a paltry few hundred quid 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @carrzey if you're still having this issue and are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and one of the other mods, or I will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes