Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro & Samsung 15W Wireless Charging Pad

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 09:32 PM)
AFANGRYWARRIOR
Apprentice
Options

I've been a devout Samsung loyalist for a very long time.  My phone, watch, tablet all Samsung.  My Smarthome runs on Samsung Smartthings.  This is the first time I've been exponentially disappointed with Samsung.

I recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Watch to the new Watch 5 Pro.  It's taken some getting used to.  I don't mind saying I miss the jog dial to navigate quickly.  When you can't feel the movement it's had to know if you're moving at all.  That's not my disappointment.  My disappointment is in the fact that they gave me a free Samsung 15W Wireless Charging Pad with my purchase, and it's completely USELESS with the Watch 5 Pro

First I tried charging normally, and that didn't work.  Tested my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra on the pad, and that charged without issue so it must be the watch.  I saw some reviews on the DUO Charging pad that said the watch band gets in the way of charging.  So I fully removed the metal watchband I had on my watch and tried again.  Still will not charge! It's ridiculous that their products aren't working together.

#Galaxy Watch5 Pro

3 REPLIES 3
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I must admit receiving it with my Pro5 purchase I expected it to work with it, no way am I removing and attaching the strap everytime.

That said the strap curve gives a great fit and sensor readings.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
S786
Voyager
Options
I got a free duopod with my classic watch 4. Its never charged it. It tries but stops after 10 seconds.
0 Likes
Members_Qex0cRg
First Poster
Options

Yeah sometimes I feel Samsung thinks of us as fools to be so loyal to them. We spend hundreds only to compromise on one function or the other

0 Likes