Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5, no sleep info shown

(Topic created on: 14-10-2022 03:36 PM)
fx2050
First Poster
Options

Day 2 of my new watch and noticed I have no slep info, rem info etc from last night.

But the battery did die (albeit died at 11%) over night

The phone shows the time i was asleep in samsung health.

all setup looks fine but do i need continous heart rate to track my sleep or is there another issue?

I have now set to continous and will check tonight.

any tips?

ty

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the watch 5 and it tracks my sleep without changing any of the health app settings, the only things I do is have the phone on do not disturb and I put the watch in bedtime mode which stops any accidental watch button presses that may stop the sleep recording.
0 Likes
fx2050
First Poster
Options

i was in DND mode and phone was next to me.  but battery died in night.  watch shows no info.  phone app just shows the hours

0 Likes
fx2050
First Poster
Options

i have now also set schedule for bed time mode but im sure it would be fine without that mode

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Mine is so call PRO (not sure which bit is Pro, that's a different argument), it's going perfectly well with sleep tracking, including, some days have been on the phone using, Samsung phone.. 5am to 5.44, still it counts as I was sleeping.. Wow wonderful.. Remember its Pro, Pro, Pro 🤣🤣🤣

Do I care.. Absolutely no, because I can't blame Samsung for my stupid decision to buy it.. . I have to take the responsibility for my decision.. So what I say..... Wow wow I love my 5 Pro, Pro, Pro
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have the GW5 Pro and tracking sleep fine, make sure your watch isn't too lose or it won't track

Mine is even able to record snoring when phone nest to my pillow
0 Likes
fx2050
First Poster
Options

ive gone about 1mm tighter, anymore is uncomfortable

but do i need continous heart rate on etc?

only info samsung could offer on twitter, oh and ask me to make sure im actually wearing my watch

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No you don't need continuous heart rate on.

I wear my watch where i am comfortable not too tight or loose and seems to record everything. I only have do not disturb on at night
0 Likes
fx2050
First Poster
Options

ok so it should have worked last night then other than battery run out during night but should still have info prior to that.

i had dnd on, tight enough and 10min heart rate monitor

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's exactly how I have it set and yes it should have worked, you may want to reach out to Support have them look at it, the sensor maybe dud
0 Likes