Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 LTE phone calls not working but texts fine

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 08:24 PM)
Confused100
Journeyman
Options

I have a problem with making and receiving calls on my Watch 5 LTE but sending and receiving texts works fine. 

When my phone is next to my watch - i receive the phone calls fine but when i leave my phone at home, i can only send and receive texts on my watch. Phone is on and connected to wi-fi, has mobile signal.

I am with o2 and have purchased e-Sim with data plan from them (O2 has only one plan that gives you 1GB for £6/month).

I checked and i have setting on the phone to allow phone calls from other devices enabled. 

On my watch --> Connections--> Mobile plans --> it only shows one SIM card . should it show two? 

On my watch mobile network is set to auto

Power saving mode - disabled . not sure if it make any difference though? 

Can anyone suggest what am i missing here?

thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Confused100: Your Galaxy Watch 5 has an eSIM, so this is the only SIM that will show up in the Mobile Plans settings menu. Have you tried reaching out to O2 to check if your eSIM supports calls and texts, as the inability to make calls may be a current restriction of your plan.

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Hi guys.. I scanned the Esim (got from O2 UK) but I didn't set it up yet,
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Hi Confused, I know you waiting for support.. Mean time..
Did you have to go to an O2 shop to set it up

I red information, apparently O2 can't set it up over the phone properly, rather we have to go to O2 shop
0 Likes
Confused100
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Andrew. Went to O2, they said there is only one data plan for watches that O2 has regardless if Samsung or Apple product. They said the issue wasn't with the data plan.
0 Likes
Confused100
Journeyman
Options
Hi @IndiW, yes, I got my eSim from the O2 shop, activated, etc. The guy in the shop was very helpful, went through the settings but couldn't find what the issue was. Not sure what else to do.. the only reason I need this watch is to be able to use it when I don't have my phone with me. If I can't make it work, I will have to return it as it is of no use to me.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Absolutely, 100%, if the manufacturer says A, B, C facilities.. Then all A, B, C should work, I am on my 3rd 5 pro Lte..

I have heard only EE provide true independent service, in other words, with O2, the phone has to be ON

With EE even if the phone is off calls come to the watch
0 Likes