Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 body composition measurement is way off

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 07:10 AM)
Mechajin
Apprentice
Options
Is there any way to improve the accuracy of the body composition measurement?

I'm a power lifter, so quite big but mostly muscle. Using calipers I have a body fat percentage of 19% but using the watch it thinks I have 31% body fat. That's not just a little inaccurate, that's way off. Up or down 1-2% is no big deal but 12% makes it unusable.

Any way to improve accuracy? 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Wow wow.. Thank god.. Someone is talking about Health and Fitness and Galaxy watch rather than Battery length or life

Hi buddy, I think even the best of the machines get it bit hit and missed

What I do is, I use it, at same time of the day to measure and empty tummy, and kind of gently lick my 🤣🤣🤣.. two fingers before I touch the sensor, this way it increases the electricity conduct

My question to you.. What app do you use with Galaxy watch 5, because this silly "Pro" watch can't even record weights when I do Deadlifts, practically none of the strength training activities can add Weight
If you do Push-ups, you can't add how many etc

With this "Pro" I can't even design my own workouts

Tc
Mechajin
Apprentice
Options
🤣 Licking your fingers for better electricity conductivity is hilarious and genius, I'll try that tomorrow.

I only select "other" on the health app and leave it running. I'd be happy enough tracking just time, energy expenditure and body composition. For actual workout tracking I use alpha progression (silly name, I know) because it has all the strength exercises I can think of and it's easy for me to set reps, weight and sets etc. I don't understand the Samsung health approach with have one workout type for deadlifts, then another for curls another for squats etc. That's basically stop/go and constant fiddling with the watch. Seems silly to me, so I never use it or investigated any further.
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
There is a little-known secret to improving the accuracy of your body mass score on the watch. Follow these THREE STEPS for improved accuracy...

1. DRINK BEER
2. EAT PIES
3. SMOKE FAGS.

if you need any more tips, let me know. 😉
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😊😀... See most big problems have simple solutions

This Samsung Health app is in 17th century... I am asking God's help to bring it to 2022

I have a feeling the people who developed the App, may not have ever seen a Gym in their lives.. Absolutely beyond belief some of the things..even a school boy wouldn't have done such stupid coding

Sure I also use Other most times and change the name after,
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
You are the man.. ❤️... 😂 😂, some times in life.. We have to take the wild road to see the real beauty of life...

You are really cool 😎.. 👋👋
Neo001
Legend
Options

Well said :winking-face:

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
🤣👋
0 Likes
Mechajin
Apprentice