Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 wrist detection

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 09:43 AM)
defconmcr
Explorer
Options
So I'm enjoying using the new watch 4 but it had a major flaw with the new OS. As a guy with tattoos on both arms I've always had to turn off wrist detection to make sure I get notifications but there isn't the option to do this. Samsung really need to fix this or they risk alienating a lot of users
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,

Optical heart rate sensors need to pulse light through your skin and "see your blood" in order measure your heart rate. They can't see through heavy ink

I have the same problem
So l have watch under
The wrist where no tattoo
0 Likes
defconmcr
Explorer
Options
I have full sleeves so I don't have that as an option. I put it on the wrist with less ink though so I can still use the sensor but might have to move the watch round a little bit. Still that isn't as easy with notifications and on the old tizen watches you could allow notifications to come though even when it wasn't on your wrist. Currently I can't rely on the watch to pull them through every time.
BigNik
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem. Samsung totally failed with this watch. I was using Samsung only but seems, Im going to change this. Big disappointment.... Money spent for nothing!

0 Likes