Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 - Treadmill Running Accuracy

(Topic created on: 16-06-2022 11:01 AM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Hi All
What's your experience with Watch 4/or Classic and treadmill running accuracy with distance

Thank you 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
adamonsscommunity
Journeyman
Options

My experience is that it's terrible.  I've found it's off by up to 50% (low) - i.e. I run 10km on treadmill and the watch states just over 5!

I've recently switched from Samsung Health to Gear Tracker II - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.limegreenv.geartracker

When you complete an indoor run in this app, it automatically gives you a "calibrate" option, which allows you to adjust the distance for your activity and saves your treadmill adjustment (e.g. if you calibrate + 10%, it will use 110% of the logged distance for future runs both for data posted e.g. to Strava and for the on-screen displayed data while running).  

Great little app.  

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
You are wonderful, thank you so much for taking your time and sharing your experience, I am waiting to get Galaxy watch 5 in August, so mean time I am doing research in relation to Treadmill running and Galaxy watch, as it is my favourite hobby,
Most people advise to turn GPS off before starting a treadmill run and some strange reasons.. To turn off automatic detection of activities off before a treadmill run etc
However I will definitely follow your advice and right now I will download the app. Thanks again 🙏
0 Likes