Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 tracking calories

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 12:02 PM)
Arlington Eagle
Apprentice
Options

Help me. I am feeling underwealmed and fed up.

I asked for a watch 4 for Xmas. Loved my fitbit but I am a massive Samsung fan. TVs, laptops, phones....all Samsung. So I really wanted my watch to fit in.

I am disappointed and underwhelmed so far. Battery life is rubbish but I can live with that and there's a few other things but I need to spend time researching.

What I can't live with and if I can't sort this is the daily calorie tracking. I wake up this morning and I have apparently burned  2 calories overnight!  Yesterday, which included a long cross country walk with the dogs.......420 calories. In fact, over the 3 days I have worn this, my Samsung health app and watch say I have burned just 1700 calories and that's just not right.

What's wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Chel_Nighty
Pioneer
Options
Have you got all your information set up correctly in the galaxy health app so it can calculate correctly?
I'm not having any issues with that side of things, my problem is the battery life, getting a day max out of it which is worse then the older models
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't really know where to go and see total daily calories burnt since calorie counting was bad for me and I had to stop. To add in the metabolic calories burnt I'd guess it would need all your height weight data etc. and I've found that in many cases with the watch you have to input things on the watch itself and on the phone. I burnt 999kcal from my sleep last night 😁 Smiling through the anger that I didn't sleep a few mins longer for 1000
0 Likes
LongTall
Explorer
Options
Hmmm...doesn't sound right. I wonder if it is fitting correctly? Try some star-jumps to test calorie burn up. (Just a thought)
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I have the first Samsung galaxy 46mm watch my battery lasts about 7 days every Samsung smart watch after the original one has smaller batteries I've looked it up and my Samsung watch has 472 mAh battery in side but the new Samsung galaxy 4 watch has 361mAh/247MAh (depending on size of watch )battery inside so battery life will be worse it's because the phone is thinner then the original one so smaller battery even my girlfriends Apple watch only lasts a day has to charge every day .
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
BatteryScreenshot_20211229-114002_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211229-113951_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
Arlington Eagle
Apprentice
Options

Feeling pretty disappointed, to the extent that now I am back on my healthy living regime, my Samsung Watch will be collecting dust and my fitbit will be going back on my wrist!  I dont expect these things to be acurate at all but I expect some form of realism. I am not sure I would only burn 400 calories a day even if I slept all day!

0 Likes
Arlington Eagle
Apprentice
Options

I have now. Little or no difference.

0 Likes