Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 sudden battery drain

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 10:29 AM)
Aga_S
Journeyman
Options
Hello, i have watch 4 for about a year and suddenly started draining the battery. The watch face is set on just mono, the only notification i receive is for messages and calls, reminders and i have automstice activity detection. Normally after full charge batter lasts about 2 days but it does t even last 12hours. I havent changed anything, there was asoftare update before christams. When checking battery infor on the wearable app it come up with an error "couldnt get battery information. Try again later" the only way to get this infor is to swap watch face but after while the message appears again. I havent dont factory reset as read on few feedbacks it didnt do anything or made it worse. 
Does anybody know what is causing this?
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should reach out to Support through the member app, they maybe able to assist. With it not been able to get Battey info there maybe a bigger issue or nothing at all

When I had my GW4 Classic it never last more than 1 day or so, that's why I traded it in for the GW5 Pro
Aga_S
Journeyman
Options
I did contact the support, they did some remote troubleshooting but nothing I havent dont before. Their next advice was to reset the watch and if it wont help then they will check it. I just thought somebody came across this as well. I read somewhere that it could be 3rd party face watch issue but i use the same since i had this watch 😬
Neo001
Legend
Options

Try wiping the cache partition. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3mvRvEsAPpE

Aga_S
Journeyman
Options
Hello, just want to update on the above issue. After reseting the watch to factory settings the battery holds longer than ever🙂 i no longer use 3rd party watch faces but whatever comes as default. Thank you all for all the suggestions which i did try them all first 🙂
0 Likes