Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4: Raise to Awake not working after last update R870XXU1GVK7

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 07:30 PM)
nsarath90
Apprentice
Options

Watch 4: Raise to Awake not working

This setting(Raise wrist to wake) on watch 4 is not working during my motor bike driving sessions. I checked if DND on Mobile or Watch and Power saving mode is turned on Watch, But they are all off. I did a hard reset of the watch already. Still the issue persists. This affects me during my Driving to see any pending notifications and see Google Maps directions. I am getting this after the latest watch update R870XXU1GVK7.

Did anyone face this issue. Let me know if you got any fix for this. Thank you.

Screenshot_2023-01-13-19-05-10-56_7b142989cde9e3e82c42c360a14f17f0_v1.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@nsarath90: For clarity, does the 'Raise wrist to wake' feature work as expected when you're not on your bike? It's possible that the vibrations of the bike are somehow affecting the screen orientation, so this is something to consider. If this is the case, then you may wish to head to Settings > Display > Always On Display > On, so you can keep the screen activated while you're riding your bike, allowing you to check your Google Maps without having to interact with the watch buttons or screen. 

nsarath90
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Andrew. I am presently using AOD only all time to see the time. I will try that with Google Maps and share my expereince if that works or not.

Niyas_ali
First Poster
Options

Am facing the same issue, didn't notice when it started but the issue is there with my watch also. If Turning on the AOD will help to bypass the issue it's good, but again that's not the solution for this issue. We need to know whether this is a bug or hardware component issue. Is it fixable or not.

0 Likes
nsarath90
Apprentice
Options

I have gone to a Samsung Service center in my city. When they checked the watch, I came to understand a shocking issue. I used a Spighen Case(Spigen TPU Liquid Air Case Cover) on the watch to protect watch edges. Their reason was that residue water from cover has seeped through the watch screws at the back, caused white deposits inside watch and lead to device mal-function. I asked them why water has seeped into device if there is a water resistance rating of 50 meters. But they claimed that liquid logged devices are out of warranty and I may need to pay for all the watch components and will be equal to watch full price. Felt very bad. It is just 6 months old.

I was using a Fitbit versa 2 for last 4 yrs. I would dip it in water whenever i like. Never faced a similar issue.

0 Likes
minh324
Student
Options

@nsarath90 Good news, with latest update(R890XXU1GWD6) this issue was fixed, I checked on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic

nsarath90
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the information. I changed my device from Watch 4 to Watch 5 due to water log issue i mentioned above.

0 Likes