Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 questions and suggestions

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 09:36 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic:

1. One side of the watch strip holder has silver holes and other one has them in black

20211002_222920.jpg

20211002_223019.jpg

2. Compatible apps installed on the phone don't automatically get installed on the watch

3. No Samsung camera app to control the phone camera

4. Screenshots taken on the watch don't automatically go to the phone gallery

5. Suggestions: "home button" has option for 2 features double press and press and hold but the "back button" only has short press.

Please add double press and tap and hold the back button! 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
3 REPLIES 3
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Also, what's up with the different model codes for Europe and USA.

Are the watches same for both markets? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Adi0: Regarding the different coloured strap holes, this is likely to help you differentiate between the top and bottom of the device. Auto Sync via the Galaxy Wearables app should download compatible apps onto your watch automatically after downloading them on your phone. Are you able to provide an example of any apps that have not synced to your watch as expected? The Camera Controller app allows you to control your phones camera from your watch, and should be pre-installed on your Watch 4 Classic. For further details, please take a look at the following link: Control your Galaxy phone camera from a Galaxy watch (samsung.com). You can select a feature to launch via the Back Key by heading to Settings > Advanced Features > Customise Keys. Model numbers in the Europe and the USA reflect the region they're intended to be used in, and due to variances in the software and hardware form country to country, the devices are not technically the same for both markets. 

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

@Adi0: Regarding the different coloured strap holes, this is likely to help you differentiate between the top and bottom of the device.

OH thank you, I kinda thought so! 

Auto Sync via the Galaxy Wearables app should download compatible apps onto your watch automatically after downloading them on your phone. Are you able to provide an example of any apps that have not synced to your watch as expected?

Yes, this 2:

Screenshot_20211004-045247_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20211004-045327_Google Play Store.jpg

(second app for the watch says "installing soon" but it has never been installed, I had to manually install it through the Play Store on the watch). 

The Camera Controller app allows you to control your phones camera from your watch, and should be pre-installed on your Watch 4 Classic. For further details, please take a look at the following link: Control your Galaxy phone camera from a Galaxy watch (samsung.com).

Yes, It's not installed pre-installed on my watch 😞

You can select a feature to launch via the Back Key by heading to Settings > Advanced Features > Customise Keys.

Yes, yes I know about that feature to customize the back button, I just wanted to say that the back button customization options are: go back or open recent apps view.

I wanted to say that the back key could be also used not only as a single tap but also as double tap and tap and hold.

Also you didn't catch my issue where the screenshots taken on the watch by pressing home button and back key shortly, don't synchronize to the phone automatically as the app states. 

0 Likes