Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 LTE over heating

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 07:51 PM)
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My watch 4  44mm LTE arrived yesterday, it is a very nice watch but when I go for walk without my phone and have like LTE connection + BT earbuds with music stored on the device playing + HR monitoring and GPS from the samsung sport app it shows an overheating message every couple of minutes and goes airplane mode until it cools down.

Has anybody noticed the same issue? I purchased the LTE version in order to run on the coutryside without my phone but it is unusable.

If there is no fix I will probably return the watch.

22 REPLIES 22
Kit Pogi W4LTE
Apprentice
Options

I did run with my watch using LTE and streaming with no issues. That's a good thing other than it shut off and went on airplane mode today when I made a phone call using LTE.

0 Likes
Members_rEJlwrK
First Poster
Options

Same with mune GW4 classic LTE

0 Likes
Yamamonster600
Apprentice
Options

No battery issues for me. But can't make or receive calls without my phone near otherwise it shuts down for overheat. Only bought the LTE model to answer calls while biking. 

0 Likes
Members_Q3QqJlG
Apprentice
Options

The LTE version of all the previous watches have the same problem, i have the galaxy watch active 2 and it overheats when the signal is poor and shuts down till it cools down !!

Search google its all over the internet but Samsung refuse to admit there is a problem !

I would return it and get one without LTE or even look for another brand, this is outrageous by Samsung !

unikande
First Poster
Options

Returned my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE yesterday because of overheating problems. Used it in an area where network coverage is not the best possible. Coverage is good enough for phones though. The watch overheated within a few minutes of network usage when leaving the phone at home.  It did not feel hot. Very annoying seeing that message that you just have to wait for it to cool down before you can use it again. Dissapointed because LTE was the main reason for bying it. If Samsung fixes the problem I might buy it again but so far, almost one  month since shippings started I have not seen a single comment from Samsung addressing this issue. Very sad because I liked the watch a lot 😞

Yamamonster600
Apprentice
Options

Tempted, but I got such a good deal on it. Got $350 off from Verizon, so with the purchase price and 2 years of service I'll be in it $199 

0 Likes
J Groovy
First Poster
Options

I have same issue. Spoke to Samsung CHAT Today, they said it is not defective and that there team is working on software update to fix this issue. Warranty is a year so if software update doesn't fix it they said warranty will.

The issue I have and troubleshooting Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE 46mm (Canada):

LTE calls outside, signal 90-100% calls drop in 80 seconds with bluetooth headphones even.
LTE calls inside, signal 60-100% using watch speaker, calls drop in 30-90 seconds.
*the watch isn't even hot but overheats and shuts calls and goes into cooling mode for less than a minute...

LTE streaming Spotify for 10 minutes with Bluetooth headphones = no issues at all.

I also had 1 instance on day1 while downloading tons of apps, my watch overheated while charging. This has not happened since.

Other than that, fantastic watch!

Transcript:

so the hardware is not defective?
1:45 PM

and could this be fixed with a firmware update? The device isnt even hot when it says overheating during call
1:46 PM

Actually not J. Our team is working on a software update. Once the watch gets the update the issue will be fixed. We would suggest you to kindly wait for an update.

0 Likes
jingenito
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem shame on Samsung i have been to a flagship Samsung store and they had no clue this problem even existing, Might be returning all the products i just bought and go back to Apple sorry Samsung this is poor quality control how do you not check this before releasing the product. 

0 Likes
jingenito
First Poster
Options

i will believe it when i see it the outcome for me is what ever comes first Samsung actually fixing the problem or i get time to return the $2,500 worth of products 😞 i hate to say it Samsung but your making Even Apple look good. 

0 Likes
Guy marshanski
First Poster
Options

Same problem ! 

Very disappointed.

Anyone knows where can i complain ? 

Thinking to go back to garmin

Ill go back to garmin 

0 Likes