Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 LTE over heating

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 08:39 AM)
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My watch 4  44mm LTE arrived yesterday, it is a very nice watch but when I go for walk without my phone and have like LTE connection + BT earbuds with music stored on the device playing + HR monitoring and GPS from the samsung sport app it shows an overheating message every couple of minutes and goes airplane mode until it cools down.

Has anybody noticed the same issue? I purchased the LTE version in order to run on the coutryside without my phone but it is unusable.

If there is no fix I will probably return the watch.

22 REPLIES 22
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Should settle down in a few days
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Brand new watch busy updating in the background
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
I have a similar problem when making or receiving calls.. after a couple of minutes the watch warns it's over heating then cuts the caller off. Very disappointed will return if continues
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same, I've read an update is coming soon but it is not yet available on line, I will let you know if it fix the problem!

0 Likes
Aerz
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same issue so can't go anywhere without phone now
0 Likes
Members_6UwzJoy
Journeyman
Options

Still waiting for the update, could an admin confirm that it fixes this problem?

0 Likes
nhrob2003
Apprentice
Options

I had same issue.  I let the battery die completely and then recharged fully.  Problem went away.  I too was about to return it.  Also there was a new update a couple days ago you should make sure you have newer software.  I did software update and didn't fix problem but letting it die completely fixed it for me.  Hope it works for you

roushed_daily
Student
Options

Watch is currently on BUH9 update.

Update 14 min later: changed data connection to 3G only, turned it to Always On, let it connect and 60 seconds later I got another overheating warning and got sent to Emergency only mode.

I've had the watch since Thursday evening.

I've had no issues with it until this morning. I ran an update on the watch right out of the box. I had turned off the watch and plugged the watch charger dongle into the quick charger that came with my Note 8. Turned it on and put it on my wrist about an hour ago and noticed it popped up an overheating (over-heating) warning after about 15 minutes of wearing it

Only related thing in the post I could think of was having LTE on, which I did have set to Always On. I've since lowered it to 3G only and out it on Auto.

The battery life also drained right in front of my eyes while playing around trying to turn off this and that to get it cool back down. Down to about 70% after multiple reboots and 30 minutes off the  charger.

0 Likes
Kit Pogi W4LTE
Apprentice
Options

I just tested my watch 4 classic T-mobile variant. I made a call and within 2 minutes of the call. I got a warning sign phone call will be on airplane mode overheating issue. Even though I do not feel the watch was getting any warmer. Hey Samsung! I hope you're reading your loyal customers complains here. This is unacceptable for a brand new watch!