Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 lte - 4g battery when connected via Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 22-09-2021 03:10 PM)
LoxleyOutlaw
Journeyman
Options

Bit of a question please. 

My watch 4 lte battery was going great on Saturday - I think about 2% an hour with light use (just notifications really, raise to wake on, watch connected via Bluetooth) and so about 80% by about 6pm.

I was then in a venue where my phone didn't have much signal at all. I was there about 2 hours and in the time the watch battery dropped down to 60%, so it lost 10% an hour. I didn't use the watch any differently. 

This seems a big drop compared with the rest of the day. It's almost like because the phone struggled to get signal, the watch had a go too and therefore depleted more quickly as it struggled too. But my understanding is that when connected via Bluetooth the watch doesn't use 4g.

Is this a bug then perhaps, or normal? I've come from a standard Bluetooth Active 2 so not used to the Lte yet.

Not the end of the world I know 😂

3 REPLIES 3
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
I've got the 4G, I'm with Three, so they don't use 4G at mo, mine lasts roughly 2days normal use, or like you I've just come from an Active 2 and battery seems the same, but supposed to be better, I've heard tho that 4G gives it a belting battery wise, think I'll just keep using the Bluetooth etc, even when 4G available and keep my battery, always got my phone on me anyway. B4 anyone mentions why buy the 4G version, it was because they gave me £150 trade in from Active 2 against the 4G, but wouldn't give me anything if I bought the standard Bluetooth... strange I know 😕
LoxleyOutlaw
Journeyman
Options
Exactly why I got the 4g - the £150! But also because I wanted to be able to go for a run in the countryside without my phone.
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
No fitness here, just pure monetary 😉👍🏼