Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 google wallet not able to add card

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 09:39 AM)
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just got watch 4 and I'm trying to use google wallet (google pay) but I was not able to add my card to the watch, the card is already in google pay and I was using it, but when I try to add it to the watch I'm getting this message:
double-check your card details: something's not right, please double-check the details and try again.
I have tried to delete the card and add it again and it did not work, also I have tried to add other cards and it did not work, please any solution!?

Update: I have attached images of what I'm getting
2022-08-17 at 9.54.14 AM.jpeg2022-08-17 at 9.54.14 AM (1).jpeg

Again, I'm able to use google pay without any issues on my phone and the issue only related to my smartwatch
Update: I believe the problem is in the google play services as adding the card happening through it, not through the actual app of google pay, I have cleared its cache and updated and still not working.

64 REPLIES 64
softech
Apprentice
Options

excactly the same  problem with me.

card was added to S22 and Watch 4.. but cannot add on Watch 5

0 Likes
multim366
Student
Options

I have the same problem too

0 Likes
Fla_73
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with a Mastercard after a watch reset

Zoltan82
First Poster
Options

Hi, I own a Suunto7 with a Samsung Galaxy S10 and experiencing same issue. I just bought a new watch but same model. Previously google pay worked perfectly on my watch too. I hhave been trying to add the card to the new watch all week and already contacted google support twice. 

It seems that google pay settings in google account are ok. I have a guess that this problem is connected to the fact that when you try to register your card on the watch it opens up the registration menu on the phone and when it tries to contact the bank platform for verification it does not gets recognized as a different device. (watch vs. phone) Also I have Mastercard, so this might be also an issue. Really interested in the solution, I think this issue is not limited to Samsung watches only.

0 Likes
Members_TPLR0GN
Student
Options

Same thing here, also in touch with Google support. As nice and supportive as the Google Team is, have not had a solution yet. Hope someone resolves it soon, I have even had my watch exchanged but to no avail.

0 Likes
DJ69
Apprentice
Options
I have exactly the same issue with my new watch 5 Pro. I need a fix!
0 Likes
Maynards
First Poster
Options

Upgraded from Fold 3 to Fold 4 yesterday and had to reset my Watch 4 to get it working with the new phone. Definitely appears Mastercard cards are not adding to the watch anymore, I used to have them on there.

This is what I've tried adding back to my watch again:

• ✔ - AMEX
  • ✔ - VISA
  • - Mastercard
Members_TGIveaj
First Poster
Options

Having exactly the same issue here, Samsung s22 5g ultra and watch 4, all worked fine but unable to add a new Mastercard debit card! Please help Samsung!!!

0 Likes
softech
Apprentice
Options

Pretty sure it is a Google thing and not Samsung problem.. 

0 Likes
Ben202254
First Poster
Options
Having the same problem. I assume this is an issue with Google that they need to rectify? Had to reset my watch, previously everything was fine but now I cannot add any MasterCard cards
0 Likes